Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
www.DunbarPlumbing.com
5,478 Posts
I guarantee my work for one year. Does anyone have any comments or suggestions?

Lifetime on workmanship

10 years on product by liability insurance standards

If you do something wrong, and it happens, you shouldn't put a statute of limitations on it.

If it is bad product, a good lawyer will find it through your liability insurance that there's a 10 year rule most times that has you on the hook, just that many don't know that.

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
Hi Frank we do the same here on all plumbing.

·
Registered
843 Posts
I guarantee within reason. I won't replace something that simply wears out over time. If I think a product needs regular service or replacement, I'll say so. If I do something wrong, sure, but since I never do anything wrong ::cough cough:: I don't have to worry.

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
I said plumbing not drain cleaning.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
one year warranty on most repairs. We have a ton of problems with copper so it has always been a fear to give long warranties on repairs. I have found it easy to give longer warranties oncomplete replacement. for example 5 yrs on repipe.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Residential 6 month

Commercial 90 days

New instalation 1 year minimum

Drains

residential 90 days commercial 30 days

comercial toilet auger 24 hrs residential 7 days

Of course there are variables that might change things but this is the basic guarantee here. I think that is something is going to leak, break, or whatever it's usually going to do it in those time frames.

·
Registered
3,951 Posts
Just curious how do you warrenty commerical drains for 30 days, as soon as you pull out someone could flush a mondo tampon down the toilet or a handful of paper towels, or does this fall into the extra category?

·
Certified Lunatic
20,658 Posts
Just curious how do you warrenty commerical drains for 30 days, as soon as you pull out someone could flush a mondo tampon down the toilet or a handful of paper towels, or does this fall into the extra category?
That would be abuse! We don't cover that!
Clogged under normal use.

That One Guy Your pretty much spot on what we do
Residential drains we do 6 months.

·
Registered
65 Posts
It clearly states on the invoice that this does not cover abuse. And I always explain this as well and like to gives tips on what you can and cant flush or put down the k/s. Most of my commercial customers use sign's that pretty much say No Mondo Tampons lol. I cant be responsable for what they are flushing down the toilet.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts