Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Super Moderator
12,716 Posts
Shaking my head... sorry.
I hate Grohe and Hans Grohe valves. Directions are in like 8 languages....LOL.

By the way, what's with 5-ports on the tub valve? Is that for {2} shower heads?
Forgive me, I'm used to Moen and Delta tub valves. 3 or 4 ports.

Looks like it has internal stops. Pull the cartridge out and take it with you to match it up.

· Premium Member
525 Posts
I installed one of those 20 years ago. It’s the only one I’ve ever seen. I think they call it a 5 port valve. And I think the idea was that you could shoot a male adapter and run it up to a drop ear for a hand held shower head. Or body sprays or whatever.

I would call Grohe. Something tells me those haven’t been manufactured in at least 20 years. You may have a hard time finding a cartridge.

· Registered
2,915 Posts
I was just on the horn with Grohe the other day. 3 pull down faucets I installed for a client would not totally seat in their spout. I sent them a couple of pictures and they told me I had the wrong hose.
They would be happy to send me replacements, but they won't be available until May. WTF???

· Premium Member
525 Posts
I think that is a good part of the reason I don’t like Grohe.

Stuff like that leaves a bad taste in my mouth and then I stop recommending them. Koehler has done the same thing with some of their high end kitchen sink faucets. When I have to leave a client hanging, it makes me think about what it’s going to be like when I need to work on it.

· Registered
4,746 Posts
Grohe and I go way back. Their Blue faucet was very unusual when it came out. Several of their reps flew down to Atlanta and I was the plumber chosen to install 1 of them. All of that means nothing other than I have good contacts at their Chicago office.

A lot of their 90's designs I won't touch. Or at least my $500 trip charge to come and take a look scares away most potential customers.

· Registered
Plumbing
2,433 Posts
Grohe and I go way back. Their Blue faucet was very unusual when it came out. Several of their reps flew down to Atlanta and I was the plumber chosen to install 1 of them. All of that means nothing other than I have good contacts at their Chicago office.

A lot of their 90's designs I won't touch. Or at least my $500 trip charge to come and take a look scares away most potential customers.
The Grohe rep took me out to dinner when they launched the Ladylux “ solid “ stainless steel kitchen faucet in the late 90’s.

then he gave me a faucet and this cool T-shirt that said “ Solid “ on the front.
Which was fitting because at the time I was 6’0 210 lbs with a 32” waist. ✌ I had been pumping pig for about 5 yrs.

I still have the faucet in my kitchen and it’s never been worked on except for replacing the hose once.

· Registered
4,746 Posts
The Grohe rep took me out to dinner when they launched the Ladylux “ solid “ stainless steel kitchen faucet in the late 90’s.

then he gave me a faucet and this cool T-shirt that said “ Solid “ on the front.
Which was fitting because at the time I was 6’0 210 lbs with a 32” waist. ✌ I had been pumping pig for about 5 yrs.

I still have the faucet in my kitchen and it’s never been worked on except for replacing the hose once.

The Lady lux is my preferred faucet. Awesome faucet.

· Registered
3,421 Posts
Well, I appreciate the answers anyway! Yeah, it's a 5-way valve, got a shower arm/spout/shower head.
Is there a DELTA valve that will do all that?
I don't recognize that valve body as a Grohe. And yes Delta makes a valve/diverter combo type setup, but it's basically their normal valve body and diverter body already put together and fits one trim escutcheon so it has two handles. R22000 is the the valve body.

· Registered
2,915 Posts
My Grohe rep gave me my kitchen faucet back in the 90's. Great guy and really good company who is no longer the rep. Lixil, Grohe's new owner, changed the rule book in a way he couldn't abide.
Until last week, like Terry, I had only changed the hose. At that time, I put on a new wand. The rubber spray button cover was ripping.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts