Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I'll start over here based on some miscommunication, or lack of understanding. I am a 54 year old plumber from Wisconsin. I am a third generation contractor. I have been plumbing full time since 1972 (with a few years off after receiving my master license to study CAD and get my engineering license) In the past years I have done everything from residential, wells, septics, municipal, commercial, institutional, and industrial. In 1984 I moved from the family business to a larger metropoliton area to start a mechanical contracting company. I went from 11 men in 1985 to 53 men in 2006 at which time I sold the business to retire. I did however keep the engineering/consulting portion of the business and now work a couple of days a week helping out with drawings, etc...
In my free time I fish, hunt, trap, play in a bluegrass band and train bird dogs. From Oct - January, 2006,07,and this year I ran a trap line throughout northern Wisconsin with my son. (He is also a plumber and currently the major shareholder of my former business)
My love in the contracting business was design/build. We did do hard bid projects just to keep guys working at times but the real money (only my opinion) is in design/build.
We did projects ranging in size from $50,000.00 to $5,000,000.00(Plbg & HVAC combined) In the past nine (9) years we were involved with a development company doing assisted living units. This brought us into WI, IL, MN,MI, & Iowa. I guess I won't have to tell any other business owners that traveling to other than your home state isn't the best of choices.
So, there you have it. I hope this was enough of an introduction.

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
Thanks for the extended intro, Welcome to the PZ Forum.

·
Plumbing and Gas SCO
1,437 Posts
Welcome to the site. Your intro helps us understand a little more about who we are communicating with. We do get a few "salesmen" on here once in a while and some of the guys get their blood pressure up about it.
Nothing personal I can assure you. Nearly every member on here is someone I could feel comfortable calling "good people". Post often, everyone has something to share.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts