Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there everyone, I've been watching this forum for a number of months now, it's nice to see a bunch of people coming together to share their knowledge and help each other out. It makes us all better plumbers by giving us a wealth of experience to draw on.
Anyway, I'm located on Vancouver Island, BC, Canada. I've been plumbing for 3 years(mainly residential installations) and am working on getting my red seal ticket( 2 years of school done, 2 more to go and than I write the interprovincial which I've heard can be quite hard" I work for a company that does only resi work and find myself wondering if I'm really limiting myself, not getting any commercial experience. I would like to try commercial work before I get my ticket as I figure if I get my ticket having only ever done resi I may have a difficult time switching after. Has anybody here made that switch after becoming a journeyman, Any advise is welcome. Thanks,

James

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
Welcome to PZ, you will get many answers here.

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
hey wasssup, youll probably wind up hating me like everyone else but until then :)
No one hates you, some might dislike what you have to say, but no one hates you. :no:

·
Registered
6,312 Posts
Hi there everyone, I've been watching this forum for a number of months now, it's nice to see a bunch of people coming together to share their knowledge and help each other out. It makes us all better plumbers by giving us a wealth of experience to draw on.
Anyway, I'm located on Vancouver Island, BC, Canada. I've been plumbing for 3 years(mainly residential installations) and am working on getting my red seal ticket( 2 years of school done, 2 more to go and than I write the interprovincial which I've heard can be quite hard" I work for a company that does only resi work and find myself wondering if I'm really limiting myself, not getting any commercial experience. I would like to try commercial work before I get my ticket as I figure if I get my ticket having only ever done resi I may have a difficult time switching after. Has anybody here made that switch after becoming a journeyman, Any advise is welcome. Thanks,

James
Welcome James, good to have you. Seems like Alberta has a different way of doing things but either way any commercial experiance you can get is a good thing. For that matter any experiance you get is a good thing. personally, i always preferred to do commercial because quite frankly, it's easier.:yes:

·
Water Whisperer
3,627 Posts
Hey vanisle---look to the south---see me waving at ya?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts