Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
every tool is a hammer
4,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This green water came out of the hot water check stop on a non-functioning Leonard tempering valve. The principal told me that they haven't had hot water in 3 years. The budget is tight. So I can't replace the valve. It won't do any good, they are supposed to be serviced weekly.

Attachments

·
Professional Bullshioter
6,092 Posts
Folks just think after it's installed. That's it. Don't touch it. Then when it fails 2 years later it's a piece of junk. READ THE BOOK. These things require maintanence. Nobody wants to pay for that though. It's not broke yet.:no:

·
every tool is a hammer
4,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There was a maintenance tag hanging on the valve, no entries. The school board is kind of to blame. They have eliminated the maintenance men at each school. Now there are 3 for 14 buildings. There are day custodians and night cleaners, but not enough maintenance men. The maintenance guys were told to stay out of this school because for it's first two years, it was all warranty work. I know no maintenance work was done on any plumbing. The principal told me they had water for the first couple of months, and none since. The water heaters were set at 140 and working. My guess is is the Leonard tempering valve has been limed up since then. I downloaded the installation/adjustment/service manual and will see if I can figure it out.

·
Banned
6,437 Posts
I don't know why that water is green. Maybe it's all the flux?
Sounds like its either alot of iron in the water or its on the acidic side of the ph scale and with no flow it never was able to clean itself???? I'm sure it could be flux but seems like that woulda washed out after a couple months that they did use it......maybe not though. Whats the water ph?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts