Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,883 Posts
iPad can do pretty much everything a normal computer can do and your not anchored to your computer chair. I haven’t touched a computer in about 10 years.
I know, I just had to make the joke.

I don't like apple. The last new apple product I bought was a 160gb ipod. It was great until it stopped working. They had made it as difficult to fix myself as possible so I bought a FIIO X5. There is no reason the hard drive had to be serial locked to the main board other than to prevent people having someone other than apple fix it. And then they stopped selling ipods because they wanted to get subscription fees every month.

If you are willing to spend a lot of money, or at least more than I want to spend, you can have a great experience with apple products. I don't want to support those kinds of business practices.

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
I know, I just had to make the joke.

I don't like apple. The last new apple product I bought was a 160gb ipod. It was great until it stopped working. They had made it as difficult to fix myself as possible so I bought a FIIO X5. There is no reason the hard drive had to be serial locked to the main board other than to prevent people having someone other than apple fix it. And then they stopped selling ipods because they wanted to get subscription fees every month.

If you are willing to spend a lot of money, or at least more than I want to spend, you can have a great experience with apple products. I don't want to support those kinds of business practices.
I’ve just been iPhone/iPad for years so a bit biased. Droid phones and tablets can probably do the same thing. I like being able to access everything computer/business anywhere and not being tied down to the computer desk.

·
Super Moderator
8,732 Posts
I’ve just been iPhone/iPad for years so a bit biased. Droid phones and tablets can probably do the same thing. I like being able to access everything computer/business anywhere and not being tied down to the computer desk.
I'm the opposite, my computer desk is a pillar of life. I do PZ stuff, print my work orders, do online business and watch utube videos in the evening instead of tv. About the only time I use the internet on my phone is when the gps can't find an address or I need to look up a price or something when I'm on the road. I don't even go to my email to see if customers paid, takes forever to type on miniscule keys.

·
Reverend, R.S.E., Master Plumber
1,229 Posts
I have an iMac sitting on my desk that’s about 2.5 years old, it prob has less then 15hr of run time. when I’m doing paper work/invoices, the cat gets on my desk and thinks it’s time for smooths, so I turn on YouTube vids for cats to distract her, it’s the only way to get work done.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Spoke with jerry the other day. The reason he hasn't been on lately is he can't get on to his computer. Forgot his password and it locked him out. Hopefully it all gets resolved soon

1 - 15 of 15 Posts