Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

Going Green Extreme

5K views 20 replies 12 participants last post by  Redwood 
#1 ·
#4 ·
LOL. this whole green thing is almost over thank god :)
It hasn't even begun, this country is decades behind Europe in conservation technology, which be exactly what pulls out of the economic mess we are in now.

Some of this technology is kind of cool, like using sewage to produce hydrogen, I can get links if anyone is interested, I posted quite a few articles on the subject on my blog.

#8 ·
My comment was not aimed strictly at plumbing, but in general. Like it or not there is about a 99% chance Obama will be the next president, and when that happens there is going to be a ton of money poured into alternative energy sources, the Democrats have an agenda to reduce reliance on foreign oil. Being a step ahead of the curve does nothing but help you in the long run, being a step behind may leave you on the outside looking in.

#9 ·
If he comes president or not here is some things that have changed:

Gas was $4.50 gallon , now $2.50 , people are not going to send money on green now, we have had solar since the 70's.............

Can you say $850 billion bail out..........yea...........

Were we going to get more money.......Oh yea start the printing press.

I think I am starting to think Ron Paul is not so crazy after all.

#11 ·
I stopped by a ford dealership to urinate today...

Talk about eerie silence inside that building.

Almost like you're in the morgue and the dead bodies are there for exhibit, no denying the obvious that they are about to go under.

I can't remember what product maker, I think it was Chevrolet that's losing 1 billion a month?

When you think about how much they build a vehicle for, and then what they charge you for it by the time it crosses the curb?

I paid 42,500.00 for my truck and I know somebody made money off that number.

#12 ·
I read a lot of plumbing publications and every one is saying 'Green' is picking up and the way of the future. However, everyone I have talked to is interested in going 'Green' IF they can save money and the environment. When I explain it costs more - FORGET IT!

BTW, I feel the same way. I am not paying more to save, what, the environment? Everyone could do so much to be green without paying a dime. Eliminate paper towels, hang clothes to dry, take short shower instead of baths, don't flush every flush, don't pour chemicals down the drain, don't buy cheap foreign made junk, carpool etc.

Paying more is just making the company/manufacturer greener with cash!

I want to be GREEN in my wallet :laughing:.

One exception. Pursuing green - the wealthy - neuveau riche! Old money doesn't spending more for less. New money likes to flash new success, thus they hop on green for a 'look at me' high.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.