Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
:eek: This is it, this is what we have all been waiting for, and I thought I seen it all, this one is for the record books, hay this stuff is one step glue and primer, use it on abs and pvc, this stuff is a joke.

I seen a can of it sitting at the supply house, and it says UPC Pending, yea like it will get approved for use.

Image Here: http://www.a-s-m.com/imglib/PVC_spray_weld_.jpg

·
Registered
378 Posts
Nothing green about that product is there.What a joke.What about over-spray,and spraying in confined spaces.I have a goatee,masks never completely seal with facial hair and who wants to wear a mask to run dwv anyways.

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
But you can spray it on outside down, thats has to be a plus.

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry killer, guess you get the chance to try it, I can't wait, once it's approved, thats all I will use. (NOT)

·
Master Plumber
1,069 Posts
I am always willing to take a look at something new. Much of it I will reject after a closer look.

This?

I don't even have to take a closer look to reject it. WHO thought this was a good idea? How many flaws can you think of right off the top of your head? Here are a few to start out with...

1. Overspray = waste.

2. I don't have the time to sit there and twist my pipe or my wrist around.

3. How do you do the inside of a fitting socket without getting it all over the inside of the fitting?

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wait till it gets into all the Box Stores out there, DIY'er are going to buy it and you can bet they will use it.

·
Casual Observer
82 Posts
Reminds me of this stuff. First time I ever saw it on TV I thought to myself "Who would ever buy crap like that?" Not a week later I was called out to repair a leak on a P-trap with this stuff sprayed all over it.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts