Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not a plumber but I have been through the ringer with a bathroom remodeling. After firing first plumber, remodeling company hired a second company to correct wrongly installed piping. All was completed but we had low water temperature in the shower, we had been using the shower for two weeks. The second plumber returned to adjust the shower temperature. After taking a shower water started leaking into the kitchen below the bathroom. My question is there anyway that adjusting the shower temperature could cause the water leak?

·
Reverend, R.S.E., Master Plumber
1,299 Posts
I think your biggest problem is the fact that Glacier Bay faucets are cheap plastic garbage.
They’re Cheapo Depot’s house brand..
If the plumber sold it to you, you got ripped off. If you bought it, you’re cheap and just learned a hard lesson.

Post a picture of the faucet, maybe we can help you.

·
Registered
6,128 Posts
I think your biggest problem is the fact that Glacier Bay faucets are cheap plastic garbage.
They’re Cheapo Depot’s house brand..
If the plumber sold it to you, you got ripped off. If you bought it, you’re cheap and just learned a hard lesson.

Post a picture of the faucet, maybe we can help you.
Prejudiced BULLSCHIT. All the brands have some good and some bad.

Just because you haven't seen the good ones doesn't mean they don't exist. Look up the Glacier Bay "Leonardo" and "Teapot" models. The Teapot is two cast brass pieces with an escutcheon and the Leonardo is a single piece of cast brass that takes the same 1/4 turn brass ceramic cartridges as Grohe/Rohl/Kohler etc.

·
Reverend, R.S.E., Master Plumber
1,299 Posts
Prejudiced BULLSCHIT. All the brands have some good and some bad.

Just because you haven't seen the good ones doesn't mean they don't exist. Look up the Glacier Bay "Leonardo" and "Teapot" models. The Teapot is two cast brass pieces with an escutcheon and the Leonardo is a single piece of cast brass that takes the same 1/4 turn brass ceramic cartridges as Grohe/Rohl/Kohler etc.
I’m 100% prejudiced here.
I’ve only ever seen their “crap”. As far as I know HD is the only place to get it, suppliers don’t have their parts. I see a lot of GB and Uberhaus (Rona’s house brand, more crap) used in house flips.
Most of the ppl in the industry that I know have nothing good to say about it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts