Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What type of hand outs do you give that has your company name on it, if any, Pens, Magnets, Letter Openers, Hats, ect ect..........

·
Registered
378 Posts
I don't do anything at this time.I'm fond of magnets,occasionally I put a nice clean sticker on a disposal or w.h. with my company information.
The thing I like to do is bus. cards ,and within a few weeks of completing a job I send out a letter of thanks which includes a list of all our services on it and other pertinent info.,I actually get calls saying I didn't know you did sewers too [or what-ever],our sewer line is sluggish so will you help us.ABSOLUTELY,that's what we do!

·
LeMarr Plumbing, Inc.
772 Posts
I am a pen freak:thumbsup: so I give out pens, magnets (I put on fridg), business cards and have gave hats. I tought about a new car but it seems abit too steap:laughing:
I put the magnet on fridg cuz there could be a chance it doesn't get there if I don't do it.

In Christ,

Song Dog

·
Registered
3 Posts
...within a few weeks of completing a job I send out a letter of thanks which includes a list of all our services on it and other pertinent info.,I actually get calls saying I didn't know you did sewers too [or what-ever],our sewer line is sluggish so will you help us.ABSOLUTELY,that's what we do!
This "thank you" letter is a great idea! It seems that if you don't have every service spelled out on your truck, people just assume you don't do it. :laughing:

I send the invoices out from my office after the job is complete, so I'm thinking I could send a thank you letter a few days after the invoice. And it might help smooth over any ill feelings that may have occured with one of our technicians (Yeah, we've got one of those guys).

·
Registered
378 Posts
It's a mini-web page mailed.,and serves a few purposes for me.The feed-back has bein positive.It was funny ,yesterday I got a panic call from a customer I met and did work for this past saturday,nothing related to my work,and while I was thier working on a tub valve she checked her mail and came in laughing showing me she had just received my company letter.It was a good moment.

·
residential service
1,948 Posts
This "thank you" letter is a great idea! It seems that if you don't have every service spelled out on your truck, people just assume you don't do it. :laughing:

I send the invoices out from my office after the job is complete, so I'm thinking I could send a thank you letter a few days after the invoice. And it might help smooth over any ill feelings that may have occured with one of our technicians (Yeah, we've got one of those guys).

Get rid of him. Start collecting payment when the service is complete.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
We have stickers with our contact info that we put right on the water heater or whatever we can find. They're neon green and say "For service call : "

We also just got some pens too. The stickers win, though. We get lots of calls back because of them.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Pens and Magnets ,,,, folks seem to love them !

Cal

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Every customer gets a referal card to give to someone else with the're invoice# on it. If they refer our company they get a discount next time they need us. We also put magnets on everything. We gave out mouse pads for awhile with logo& phone # on it.

·
Plumber Manhattan Beach
828 Posts
Pens- purple for a women ,blue,green,red and ornage for men.

Magnets

Stickers for water heaters

Currently working on a brochure about my compnay, what we do , services and new products that will give to the cutomer as a reference on the way out or to give to their friends

thank you card follow up in 1-2 days. And a phone call follow up somtimes.

would like to get envelope openers

·
Registered
378 Posts
Pens- purple for a women ,blue,green,red and ornage for men.

Magnets

Stickers for water heaters

Currently working on a brochure about my compnay, what we do , services and new products that will give to the cutomer as a reference on the way out or to give to their friends

thank you card follow up in 1-2 days. And a phone call follow up somtimes.

would like to get envelope openers
Purple pens,nice touch!

·
Registered
20 Posts
I use to give out coffee mugs. Now its just pens, business card magnets, and coupons.

Coffe mugs got to expensive.

·
Plumber Manhattan Beach
828 Posts
I was also thinking of sending a $20.00 bill to customers and tell them to apply this towards your next call, or get a West Coast Plumbing Credit Card made up, or Gift Card, to only be used with us...........the wife still slapped me, but I think the Credit Card or Gift Card is do-able

·
residential service
1,948 Posts
I was also thinking of sending a $20.00 bill to customers and tell them to apply this towards your next call, or get a West Coast Plumbing Credit Card made up, or Gift Card, to only be used with us...........the wife still slapped me, but I think the Credit Card or Gift Card is do-able
Tell your wife to quit slapping you. I have $10 thank you coupons, good towards any future service, on the back of all my invoices. I smile every time I get one because although I already know it by then, it is a token that says this is my client. If we have served them twice we will serve them forever unless we do something really stupid or they move away or die.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts