Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Retired Moderator
6,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got done with the rough in with all that cast iron. I transitioned to PVC right at the traps. The GC had built a 4 foot high wall at the end of the tub. We went in and set the tub and perfecto! The W&O dropped right into our rough in pipes! Perfect! We buttoned it up and my partner said "You know, with all the troubles here with the HO and GC maybe we should just sit the tub in and wait". I said no, where else can the tub go? We get done, I call the HO to see where she wants the body sprayers for her shower to be installed when she told us the GC forgot to make a 6" ledge on all 4 sides of the tub!
Now we must go back on Sunday to remove the tub, build the wall for the GC, then re run the drain!

Oh well, someone is gonna pay because as the HO said, we did it the way the plans said, but the GC did not tell us there was a change.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Paper trail where?

I hate to be a butt head, but as far as I can see, you've done exactly what you were asked to do per the specs you were given.

And going back on Sunday? Sunday? What happened to the family? Did you spend time with them on Wednesday?

Sunday?

·
Retired Moderator
6,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I dont get to spend much time with the family. Too many bills need be paid. The GC is footing the redo bill.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I hate that for you my friend.

If you ask me, and you didn't, but if you had, I would tell you it sounds like its a bit past the time for you to raise your rates some.

I refuse to work for credit card and cable companies. If I can't work to give my family the life they deserve and to give them the time they deserve, then its time for something to change and fast. Nothing will ever be more important to me than my family and their future.

Reactions: frisco kid
1 - 4 of 4 Posts