Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶&#
8,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Photos of the exterior portion of a repipe done in Winter Haven Fl. I can't seem to find the photos of the inside work. I'll post'em when I can find'em.

Attachments

·
٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶&#
8,329 Posts

·
٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶&#
8,329 Posts

·
٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶&#
8,329 Posts

·
Registered
5,903 Posts
We use galvanized stubs for the hose bib exterior risers. Gotta drive down and buy you lunch one of these days.

·
residential service
1,948 Posts
Ok, I'll be the one. What is that hideous insulated line running up the exterior side wall of the house into the attic? Is that the service running into the attic w/distribution in the attic? Looks like a slab house. No garage? No way to get it inside a wall somewhere, or did they just not want to pay? Inspector lets you do that? I know freezing is not an issue down there and maybe that is commonly done, just looks awfully funny to me, but if the customer is happy, I'm happy, ... I guess. I just see a lawnmower or something catching it and ripping it right off of the wall. I love pex but that makes me nervous. Is the insulation there to protect it from UV? Doesn't figure to be there for protection from cold in your area I wouldn't think.

·
residential service
1,948 Posts
If the ho ever pissed off his neighbor he could easily find himself w/o water midshower with that iso vlv located there. Of course if someone wanted to go to that trouble they could just as easily do it at the meter stop probably only at risk of being seen by all the neighbors doing it.

·
master of disaster
758 Posts
????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

·
٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶&#
8,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I despise galvo. I would run K copper with a brass wing el or threaded brass pipe before I ran galvo.

We use galvanized stubs for the hose bib exterior risers. Gotta drive down and buy you lunch one of these days.

·
٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶&#
8,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
See red text below in quote

Ok, I'll be the one. What is that hideous insulated line running up the exterior side wall of the house into the attic?Main water supply line. Is that the service running into the attic w/distribution in the attic?Yes Looks like a slab house.Correct No garage?No No way to get it inside a wall somewhere, or did they just not want to pay?Could've wen't into a tee wall, but customer did not care about the exposed lines and wanted the lowest priced method. Inspector lets you do that?Yes I know freezing is not an issue down there and maybe that is commonly done, just looks awfully funny to me, but if the customer is happy, I'm happy, ... I guess. I just see a lawnmower or something catching it and ripping it right off of the wall. I love pex but that makes me nervous. Is the insulation there to protect it from UV? Yes. A double layer of thick foil tape with zip ties on top of UV rated foam pipe insulation(the same stuff we put on solar systems on roofs) Doesn't figure to be there for protection from cold in your area I wouldn't think.Correct, only for UV and abrasion.

·
٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶&#
8,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Correct. Pressure relief valve. The PVC threaded plug is just there until I get done with air testing, then it is removed.

Looks like a pressure relief valve to me. Or a freeze protector?-reply to smellslike$ question.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts