Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With LLs and PMCs that is the biggest thing to become their only go to.

I’ve been dealing with one that I’ve been doing work for.... about 4-5 years now. Any plumbing work I include my master and pay him. Recently the city came down on him after a LL inspection. Work done before he bought the place. That’s kinda under control with the city, kid buying the house under land contract/lease but still needs a rental inspection?
Spent a half hour on the phone with him tonight plus a number of texts. I’m his first to call now. Funny story, he got my name and number from the guy buying my master’s business.

·
Super Moderator
8,392 Posts
There is a but to a nice outcome like this, the guy is sane, reasonable and not a super tight cheapskate. Otherwise any nice explanations and they will remain crazy.

·
Super Moderator
8,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
He’s one of my good LLs. Once I had to wait two weeks for a check, otherwise I have it in the normal week. I think he was on vacation that time. Great guy, not a slumlord by any means. I really appreciate it when my LL’s listen to what I say and allow me to do what I say needs to be done, without question.

Not a big account. $3-5k a year.

·
Super Moderator
8,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got another partial! Neither my master or I thought of fire wool! I go back Monday, take pictures and text them to the inspector. At least I don’t have another reinspection fee.

·
Super Moderator
8,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
$700 in permits for a $1500 job.......

That’s ridiculous
Two air hammers for the washer, a trap seal, get rid of a tubular 45 after a p-trap. Take pictures of fire wool. Add in an AAV on the tub line and pull permit for the kitchen drain that was to code, but no permit....

Yes, our inspection fees are ridiculous!

·
Banned
361 Posts
Two air hammers for the washer, a trap seal, get rid of a tubular 45 after a p-trap. Take pictures of fire wool. Add in an AAV on the tub line and pull permit for the kitchen drain that was to code, but no permit....

Yes, our inspection fees are ridiculous!
I bet the area is eaten alive with hack work and plumbers working without permits

·
Super Moderator
8,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I bet the area is eaten alive with hack work and plumbers working without permits
We have our hacks for sure! We can thank the countries’ “Angriest Mayor“ The POS Verge. The new guy is just as bad.

We have 72 hours to pull a permit for an emergency. Can’t tell you how many times we’ve been busted changing out an emergency heater in a rental!

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
We have our hacks for sure! We can thank the countries’ “Angriest Mayor“ The POS Verge. The new guy is just as bad.

We have 72 hours to pull a permit for an emergency. Can’t tell you how many times we’ve been busted changing out an emergency heater in a rental!

LOLZ, I was at a house last week behind our town hall where the clerks window looks at their property. They don't pull permits for anything!!!!! 🤣

·
Super Moderator
8,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just got a text from one of my LL’s. Her tenant asked for my number for her son’s house. Unfortunately it’s a mobile home/manufacturered house. My guess is frozen lines.
I guess having a tenant refer me out is kinda new to me....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts