Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1001 - 1016 of 1016 Posts

·
Registered
8,972 Posts
I have two nicknames given to me by co-workers. Squirrel because I always squirrel away those minor parts that come in handy in a tight situation and The Red Yeti because around deer season my red hair and beard are usually pretty unruly. OpenSights has been my handle since the first time I joined a forum. Sad to say, I now have to wear glasses to shoot open sights.
ok that was a nice story..but nothing about why you changed profile pictures...lol

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
Problem with any of these is that most people won't stop to ponder about it , make a a plan, take a decision and act upon their thoughts to reach a goal.
NEWSFLASH!!! Teenagers are self-absorbed and self-important!!!!

People aren't anymore inclined to be lazy and selfish than they used to be, they just have more opportunities to be lazy and selfish than they used to.

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
I have two nicknames given to me by co-workers. Squirrel because I always squirrel away those minor parts that come in handy in a tight situation ..........
HAHAHA I do the same thing man!. When I left work I grabbed a symmons shower handle and escutcheon from the scrap bin :)

Earlier today a guy was worried the tiny screws for his floor drain grate would fall in and be lost I said don't worry I have plenty. I always save stainless screws and the chrome ones if they're still nice. Always good to have those oddball sizes. Not that smith drain screws are oddball, he thought they would be though.

Even our install guys know to save porcelain handles, those things are worth their weight I tell ya! Customers love it when we can replace a 100+ year old AmStd. Mickey Mouse handle. I also always save two handle 1/2" ceramic stem handles.

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
I’ve done that once or twice on mini split installs. The 1/4” flare is the toughest one for me, after cutting off a failed flare for the second time I made a perfect one and didn’t have the nut on it.
I was with a guy once and he had to flare the short short copper stubbed out from the wall. On the other side was this nasty azz pitd crawl space you could barely move through. The first try he forgot the nut. He about died. Then he spent a couple minutes getting his flare block on what was left after he cut the first flare off with a hacksaw blade. He remembered the nut this time but it came out super flared/too big. Again, he was heartbroken to find this. He spent like 15mins with a file so the nut would fit over the flare because there was absolutely no more copper. He gets everything connected and the joint leaks a little. So he cranked the nut to a german fit with a pair of 460's and a 20" crescent. He said, Idgaf if the nut cracks lolz, I ain't getting in that crawl space.

1001 - 1016 of 1016 Posts