Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

981 - 1000 of 1016 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,470 Posts
Teachers in my state make jack. They make about 45-50k a year here. Even new construction J-men in my state make about 75-85k a year. Service plumbers make about 100k give or take.

Now, in regards to teachers, that depends on what they're teaching and what grade. High school teachers make a little more, I'd say about 65-70k. But you get the idea.
About service plumbers do you mean employees or a business owner making a 100K? If it's an employee that would mean they are earning roughly 55$/hr for 1800 work hours in a year. How much in percentage of deductions on a paycheck?

I don't know how much a residential service employee makes around here but I doubt it's more than 25$/hr without any benefits. Commercial and new construction everyone is by law at 38$/hr with pension plan, insurance plus 13% vacation pay.

·
Registered
124 Posts
About service plumbers do you mean employees or a business owner making a 100K? If it's an employee that would mean they are earning roughly 55$/hr for 1800 work hours in a year. How much in percentage of deductions on a paycheck?

I don't know how much a residential service employee makes around here but I doubt it's more than 25$/hr without any benefits. Commercial and new construction everyone is by law at 38$/hr with pension plan, insurance plus 13% vacation pay.
I'm a second year apprentice (I've worked several years and have just not gone to school, different topic.) And my base pay when I do hourly stuff for my boss is 25 an hour.

When I run my own calls like I usually do and pull commission, I make around 35-55 an hour average.

·
Super Moderator
7,483 Posts
what happened to your profile picture? lost your balls already??.lmfao..
I have two nicknames given to me by co-workers. Squirrel because I always squirrel away those minor parts that come in handy in a tight situation and The Red Yeti because around deer season my red hair and beard are usually pretty unruly. OpenSights has been my handle since the first time I joined a forum. Sad to say, I now have to wear glasses to shoot open sights.

981 - 1000 of 1016 Posts