Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

961 - 980 of 1016 Posts

·
Registered
4,147 Posts

There was this one guy, he was supposed to cut a 4x10 hole in a drywall ceiling for a boot. Idiot grabs the super long wood blade for the sawzall and also cuts through a 2x6 joist. It was around the 2nd year of his apprenticeship.

·
Super Moderator
7,467 Posts

Really? I hear constantly that you guys make over a 100K a year. Over here a high school teacher makes 80K a year for 10 months out of the year. So based on your meme you are making 160K and in my opinion that makes you in the rich category because government bosses and foremans don't even make that much. Here I say 48K for a construction plumber working a normal seasonal year minus 55% of it in various deductions and ends up with a net pay of about 21K

Teachers work in a warm and safe environment everyday and have sofas to lounge on during their breaks while we work on the slab breathing concrete dust with snow up to our ankles, you have an unsafe environment and the boss says you pu$$y get back to work or you get reprimanded if you try to warm up and many times a single porta potty filled to the brim without a sink to wash your hands. I see teachers roll in to work with brand new cars in fancy clothes while I see most plumbers go to work in a rusty car.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Really? I hear constantly that you guys make over a 100K a year. Over here a high school teacher makes 80K a year for 10 months out of the year. So based on your meme you are making 160K and in my opinion that makes you in the rich category because government bosses and foremans don't even make that much. Here I say 48K for a construction plumber working a normal seasonal year minus 55% of it in various deductions and ends up with a net pay of about 21K

Teachers work in a warm and safe environment everyday and have sofas to lounge on during their breaks while we work on the slab breathing concrete dust with snow up to our ankles, you have an unsafe environment and the boss says you pu$$y get back to work or you get reprimanded if you try to warm up and many times a single porta potty filled to the brim without a sink to wash your hands. I see teachers roll in to work with brand new cars in fancy clothes while I see most plumbers go to work in a rusty car.

Teachers in my state make jack. They make about 45-50k a year here. Even new construction J-men in my state make about 75-85k a year. Service plumbers make about 100k give or take.

Now, in regards to teachers, that depends on what they're teaching and what grade. High school teachers make a little more, I'd say about 65-70k. But you get the idea.

·
Registered
4,147 Posts
961 - 980 of 1016 Posts