Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

Frozen pipes anyone?

4K views 21 replies 14 participants last post by  Tango 
#1 ·
This cold snap has been crazy busy in the Midwest.
first Job of the day I turned the homeowners walls into Swiss cheese tracking down 12 total breaks in copper water lines.
How’s everybody else fairing out there?
Tableware Wood Cuisine Flooring Seasoning
Tableware Wood Cuisine Flooring Seasoning

See less See more
#3 ·
Nope. In thirty years I think I’ve fixed less than a dozen. Got heat stroke more times than I’ve fixed frozen pipes, probably.

I have a buddy out here in Phoenix that has a place in New York, up near Buffalo. They go for the spring and summer and come here for the winter. He was complaining about how expensive everything was and I said “at least you can turn utilities off there when you’re here.” He laughed and explained he had to keep the utilities on just like you were living there or the weather would screw you. I’m sure you could winterize a house, but don’t know anything about that.

#5 ·
Been going at it 10-12 hours a day here in St. Louis since Christmas eve.

Reactions: MACPLUMB777
#6 ·
This cold snap has been crazy busy in the Midwest.
first Job of the day I turned the homeowners walls into Swiss cheese tracking down 12 total breaks in copper water lines.
How’s everybody else fairing out there?
View attachment 136539 View attachment 136539
Damn did they have a furnace go down or stupid placement of pipes? Most of mine have been 1-3 breaks, move on to the next one.

Reactions: MACPLUMB777
#10 ·
No propress?

I keep at least a dozen 1/2" slip propress couplings on the van in winter.

Reactions: Tom F Ohio
#14 ·
I like that philosophy Rock! Keep work and social life separate.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.