Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
We only use woodford here, hate arrowhead, and have not tried Legend yet.

·
Banned
3,806 Posts
woodford also, never a call back unless the HO left the hose attatched!
My neighbor has done that every year for four years running now.

It's all good though, he's a Snap On tools dealer and pays in tools.

Watts are decent economy FFHB's, as are Mansfield.

·
Master Plumber
1,069 Posts
Woodford. Almost quit a few years ago when their plastic handles were all splitting on us.

But as far as I know that's the only brand made anymore. -grin

·
Registered
843 Posts
Woodford. Only problem I had was with the self-draining ones and they redesigned them shortly after. (They would leak all the time when running.) Same with yard hydrants.

·
LeMarr Plumbing, Inc.
772 Posts
I use Wolverine. Have never had a problem. I never paid too much attention to the others to know forsure, but Wolverine is made in the USA. The others maybe, I don't know. Just like what I use.

In Christ,

Song Dog

·
Master Plumber
1,069 Posts
I bought a couple of cases from Barnett and am almost out. I thought their last catalog had them in yet. Maybe not. But I paid around $24 from HD Supply for a 12" a few weeks ago.

·
Banned
239 Posts
i like wood fords or mansfield smart turns....and i will promote woodford yard hydrants i belive they are the best kind of pricey but worth it......mansfields come in brown and blue nothing like having a netural exterior and having a blue hose bib

had a customer second guess me the other day on pricing for a 4' bury yard hydrant said he could get one at tractor supply for 80 bucks i told him it isnt a wood ford and he changed his mind .....cheap bastards i dont rip people off i only tell the the truth

·
Plumber Manhattan Beach
828 Posts
HD Supply is owned by home depot, or used to, they purchased out Todd's out here. First it was called Huges supply, then there was a big write up in the paper about Home Depot making the purchase.

Maybe it's a division of home depot??

1 - 20 of 26 Posts