Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Most of you know I am 58 years old and run a plumbing shop in Los Angeles with about 30 employees. So, I will start this introduction with the reasons I think I came to this forum and the reasons I did not.

I always loved learning about how other people run their businesses. I started a small house painting business when I was 14. I was a plumber in the Air Force for four years and started two businesses while in the service. I came to California in January of 1973, started my current company and started several other businesses. I wrote a non-published book for plumbers about 15 years ago and recently wrote a free non-published manual that tells every detail about how we run our business today. This manual includes copies of all our software, copies of advertising, methods we use to close sales, and my philosophies about running my business. I am a fairly active real estate investor and wrote another book about how to trade stocks and options, and developed a software program that teaches investors about 80 sophisticated stock and option trading strategies. I developed all the software I use to run my business.

This is what I see in forums. As many remember, I went to my first forum because someone wrote a post and questioned my advertising strategies. So, I became a member to defend the strategies. There was a lot of arguing and even though your money should not be any of my concern, I will do everything possible to convince you that you may be making a grave mistake and you may be losing sales and money by not having a clear understanding. I suppose some people consider my persistence to be an ego or arrogance problem. Of course, if you are already satisfied with what is working for you, this is great and I am willing to listen to you, learn, and discuss your methods.

I did not come to this forum to show off, to have every plumber use by business model, to get a pat on the back, nor to insult anybody. I would prefer to remain anonymous, do not want to be the center of attention, prefer that my name and my company name is not used in posts, and do not wish to have exposure on the internet.

I believe I can help many contractors improve their business and increase sales by about 400%. Of course, first, you would have to be the type of person, or in a position to desire improving your business, and I am just talking to myself.

I spent several months writing my manual and making my software available to contractors, for free. I will post a copy of the manual and software. Read the information and if you have questions you can contact me and I will be happy to assist you. When you question whether or not a method works, a method's honesty, or integrity, please be polite and discuss your concerns.

Please don't think I acting like I know everything and am not willing to listen and learn. I do listen and weigh what people say. I will tell you when I think you are right and wrong. I will try not to exaggerate facts and I will not tell you that an idea is something I actually do. I will only tell you what works for my company and try to leave out the $numbers.

I am looking forward to a better relationship.

Jack

·
Registered
6,312 Posts
Hey Leonard, How's business?

Been awhile since I heard from you. Has the sliding economy caused you to change anything in your business plan? We're still straight out around here thanks to the cold weather. New construction is pretty much in the toilet but we never based much more than 15% on new construction anyway preferring to concentrate on service, remodel and drain cleaning. I'm just not willing to participate in a recession:) Anyway I may be heading for L.A. in the spring for a seminar and if you're up for it maby we can get together.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm doing great!

Hey Leonard, How's business?

Been awhile since I heard from you. Has the sliding economy caused you to change anything in your business plan? We're still straight out around here thanks to the cold weather. New construction is pretty much in the toilet but we never based much more than 15% on new construction anyway preferring to concentrate on service, remodel and drain cleaning. I'm just not willing to participate in a recession:) Anyway I may be heading for L.A. in the spring for a seminar and if you're up for it maby we can get together.
I'm looking forward to your visit. You can stay at my place. I have an extra bedroom and bath on the 2nd floor of my shop. Then, I can keep you up all night with scary stories. I'm 12 miles south of Los Angeles. Business is terrific.

Thank you for asking!

·
No Longer at This Address
4,710 Posts
Sounds like a West Coast gathering in the making. Robert, Rick and Adam have already been to his office. I couldn't make it due to a scheduling problem.

Mark

·
www.DunbarPlumbing.com
5,478 Posts

Take your choice folks; some of you like being played like a violin, stroked like a fiddle when it comes to this guy's antics.

And to condone it at such a level to even exist on this forum, any forum is not exactly adhering to the mission statement, couldn't be.

Once again, this fellow starts up through numerous names, redirects the agenda and then throws simple apology, opens up another username and continues on.

There sure are a hell of a lot of better ways to create site traffic than this fool parading about selling something you believers are so eager for answers.

Keep asking yourself why a millionaire would constantly drive it home on public forums to encourage his way for no payback, There's some alterior motive and while you all are playing pow-wow with this fool, you're mislead like a sheep looking for a shear.

There are tons of intelligent members on this board and others, but they certainly don't use the common tactics this fool above currently uses.

If his "free software" was such a great method...

Why is it free and everyone elses cost money, and why would it be so closely tied like a AMWAY PYRAMID SCHEME that BESTLINE PLUMBING of GARDENA CALIFORNIA likes to employ?

Try erasing that off the search engine crawlers mr. baton rouge 18 year old.

Some of us don't buy the smoke and mirror facade. Some of you need to check your integrity at the door. That statement should gain me some e-friends. :clap:

·
Banned
1,595 Posts
I don't trust him and never will after what he pulled here. I copied his information to see what his scheme is all about. I have a pretty good idea.

·
Registered
6,312 Posts
dunno. I had misgivings also, but I've known him for a couple years now and he's never asked for a cent or even any favours for that matter. both Rick and Robert have been to his shop and were impressed by his operation. Say what you will about him personally the guy does have a knack for making money and better than that, a way of seeing through the mountains of paperwork crap and streamlining the operation for maximum profit all the while keeping a happy customer base.

·
٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶&#
8,329 Posts
Just preserving posts since you like to edit or delete things when caught.

Most of you know I am 58 years old and run a plumbing shop in Los Angeles with about 30 employees. So, I will start this introduction with the reasons I think I came to this forum and the reasons I did not.

I always loved learning about how other people run their businesses. I started a small house painting business when I was 14. I was a plumber in the Air Force for four years and started two businesses while in the service. I came to California in January of 1973, started my current company and started several other businesses. I wrote a non-published book for plumbers about 15 years ago and recently wrote a free non-published manual that tells every detail about how we run our business today. This manual includes copies of all our software, copies of advertising, methods we use to close sales, and my philosophies about running my business. I am a fairly active real estate investor and wrote another book about how to trade stocks and options, and developed a software program that teaches investors about 80 sophisticated stock and option trading strategies. I developed all the software I use to run my business.

This is what I see in forums. As many remember, I went to my first forum because someone wrote a post and questioned my advertising strategies. So, I became a member to defend the strategies. There was a lot of arguing and even though your money should not be any of my concern, I will do everything possible to convince you that you may be making a grave mistake and you may be losing sales and money by not having a clear understanding. I suppose some people consider my persistence to be an ego or arrogance problem. Of course, if you are already satisfied with what is working for you, this is great and I am willing to listen to you, learn, and discuss your methods.

I did not come to this forum to show off, to have every plumber use by business model, to get a pat on the back, nor to insult anybody. I would prefer to remain anonymous, do not want to be the center of attention, prefer that my name and my company name is not used in posts, and do not wish to have exposure on the internet.

I believe I can help many contractors improve their business and increase sales by about 400%. Of course, first, you would have to be the type of person, or in a position to desire improving your business, and I am just talking to myself.

I spent several months writing my manual and making my software available to contractors, for free. I will post a copy of the manual and software. Read the information and if you have questions you can contact me and I will be happy to assist you. When you question whether or not a method works, a method's honesty, or integrity, please be polite and discuss your concerns.

Please don't think I acting like I know everything and am not willing to listen and learn. I do listen and weigh what people say. I will tell you when I think you are right and wrong. I will try not to exaggerate facts and I will not tell you that an idea is something I actually do. I will only tell you what works for my company and try to leave out the $numbers.

I am looking forward to a better relationship.

Jack

·
٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶&#
8,329 Posts
Just preserving posts since you like to edit or delete things when caught.

I'm looking forward to your visit. You can stay at my place. I have an extra bedroom and bath on the 2nd floor of my shop. Then, I can keep you up all night with scary stories. I'm 12 miles south of Los Angeles. Business is terrific.

Thank you for asking!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts