Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Plumbing
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

My name is Jeff, I’m 35 and I’m from Orange County, CA. Been plumbing for 6 years now. Got my start at Roto-Rooter and now I’m working for a company called DC Drains. I know a little about everything but I really enjoy converting tanks to tankless, installing water filtration and performing slab leak detection and reroutes.

I’m hoping to start my own company in about a year or so and will like having this forum as a support system if needed. I always enjoy a good conversation about plumbing and like helping people out. Excited to be here.

·
Registered
Plumbing
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome! Before starting your own business, I strongly suggest you either take a beginning business class at a community college and/or do lots of research. You can be the best plumber in the world and fail in your first year if you don’t know how to run a business.
That’s good advice thank you

·
Registered
Plumber
7 Posts
Welcome! I’m pretty new here as well but have been in the trade for a while. This forum is awesome, you’ll learn so much from these guys.
They’ve really taught me to value high quality work and that what we do isn’t easy.

I work in OC occasionally, I’ve seen your company trucks/vans out in Newport Beach!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hello All,

My name is Jeff, I’m 35 and I’m from Orange County, CA. Been plumbing for 6 years now. Got my start at Roto-Rooter and now I’m working for a company called DC Drains. I know a little about everything but I really enjoy converting tanks to tankless, installing water filtration and performing slab leak detection and reroutes.

I’m hoping to start my own company in about a year or so and will like having this forum as a support system if needed. I always enjoy a good conversation about plumbing and like helping people out. Excited to be here.
Hello All,

Welcome to the forum, nice intro. The advice to know at least a little something about running a business is very true, you will quickly hit a place where just being a good plumber isn't enough!
Learn everything you can while you are working for someone else, ask to be put on the jobs that are unfamiliar to you. Once you have your own business you won't have time to learn many new things!
See you around,
Tim Whistler

·
Registered
Plumbing
477 Posts
Hello All,

Welcome, I just joined myself.

Good Luck with your business !

1 - 12 of 12 Posts