Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Plumber Manhattan Beach
828 Posts
OMG, that must be temporary? I have some customers that cannot afford to have a good job done, for these customers I offer to take payments.

:thumbup:

but good job on caulking and you gave us a good laugh!!

·
٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶&#
8,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
She refused anything other than just replacing the stems and seats(the slum lord that is). Actually this was an upsell. She just wanted me to put in washers and nothing else. I would ordinarily walk from a job like this but times are tough right now for me so I caved. I feel dirty now.:cry:

I gave a ridiculously low price for a valve replacement (only $200 more than the rebuild) with a warranty and she just would not do it. I would have rather done the valve dirt cheap just to avoid this abortion but she wouldn't do it.

·
waterheaterzone.com
2,043 Posts
She refused anything other than just replacing the stems and seats(the slum lord that is). Actually this was an upsell. She just wanted me to put in washers and nothing else. I would ordinarily walk from a job like this but times are tough right now for me so I caved. I feel dirty now.:cry:

I gave a ridiculously low price for a valve replacement (only $200 more than the rebuild) with a warranty and she just would not do it. I would have rather done the valve dirt cheap just to avoid this abortion but she wouldn't do it.
Slumlords....I hate 'em. I have one landlord customer that is really cool. He always pays for the proper repairs, and never complains. I wish they were all like him. The rest are scum-sucking low-lifes, I get a credit card over the phone before going out to any strange slumlord that calls.

·
Banned
1,644 Posts

Na, don't feel dirty, Feel good knowing at least they had you fix something, I have had slumlords that would not fix anything ...at all...and you made some money as well in this tough time, so that's good as well :)

·
Plumber Manhattan Beach
828 Posts
i went to a call, the handyman removed the wall mount faucet and installed a couple hose bibbs for the kitchen sink because the galv was bad in the wall, I shut the building down and refused to turn it back on until the landlord made the correct repairs so the tenants could have a proper sink faucet instead of hose bibbs.

that was the first and last time i worked for him. some tenants are the root cause of problems, others are not, they are just victims ;)

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
In its day (70’s) the Sayco faucet was a pretty decent faucet. They were one of the only companies that had seats washers and O-ring replacements inside the handles. When washer less faucets started Elger purchased the Sayco faucet company and ruined them. Then Briggs bought them out.

·
philosopher and statesmen
7,618 Posts
you went too far.. and did too much.....

I think you did too much for her...

I keep a couple of old vice grips in my truck
for those extra tight ass-ho/es you come across

you could have saved yourself a good set of handles

1 - 20 of 23 Posts