Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:thumbup:plumbers are one of the top jobs you can get for making over $100,000 a year without a college degree
Plumber, Pipe Fitter or Steamfitter

90th Percentile Income: $130,000
75th Percentile Income: $94,500
One of the largest and most well-paid pursuits in construction. The training you need can come from an apprenticeship, tech school or community college, and not all states require licensing. If you want to make that six-figure wage, expect to work late, as the job often falls short of $100,000 before overtime. Get a good reputation, and maybe a little skill in welding, and the jobs should start pouring in. Future job growth and opportunities in the field are good. Some employers have been reporting a shortage of qualified plumbers.

I have a little skill in welding and a good rep so why aren't the jobs just pouring in. :blink: Forbes should have also mentioned that even the states that require licensing don't really enforce it and with the invention of shark bite you don't even need a little skill in "welding":thumbup: So go forth and make $$$$$$:yes:

·
Water Whisperer
3,627 Posts
Forbes must have been talking about the owners on a national average.

I learned a looong time ago, if you make the big bucks, you have to put in the long hours and 6 day weeks. I got some real successful family members who constantly work, but make the big bucks to show for it.

Glad I'm not that obsessed with my career.......

·
Registered
590 Posts
90th Percentile Income: $130,000
75th Percentile Income: $94,500
Is this the income listed on the W-2 or is benefits included in those numbers also?

Our plumbers make close to that now, but with benefits and no overtime.

I know of a few plumbers (Journeyman) that do make that kind of money, but it all depends on pay structure and to some degree location.

Being flat rate and performance based pay is about the only way this can be done.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I would be glad to make anything right now. Phone has not rang in weeks and its not broke. I have never been slow like this before but I am confident it will pickup again soon.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts