Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do any of you send thank you cards hand written to your clients thanking him or her? How about cards when people are sick.have had survery,sympathy cards for a death?

If you are not doing this start now and listened to the feedback from you clients.

·
Former Moderator
9,817 Posts
We send thank you letters and a small gift to those who have referred us. Feedback has been very good and leads to more referrals.

How do you know when your customers are having surgery? :eek:

One thing we do to establish a connection is make notes in the computer about our customers - when they call, we know a little about them. Customers are flattered that they are remembered.

·
Retired Moderator
6,781 Posts
I never did, but then again I usually call back about 30 days after to make sure everything I done was still working properly. I never had the time to follow them enough to know anything about their personal life

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Kat you would be surrpised to hear what my clients tell me.

I have each individual service tech send out a signed thankyou card to each clients. We take the first ten minutes of our wednesday meetings to take care of this. I sign my company thank you cards with each tech and do this at the same time with them.

I call each client 3-5 days after I do work for him or her on my own time. I call at night or on the weekend to see how the client is doing and what I can do for him or her.

I have our office staff giveeach tech a form letter that is sent out 12 months after we service a client and have each tech sign them saying we look forward to our next visit or something along those lines.

To me staying in front of my existing clients builds rapport and trust and a long term relationship.

·
Banned
6,437 Posts
I gave a customer a few gallons of blackberries. She made her neighbor/friend a pie also......neighbor wanted to know where she got the berries from and she handed the neighbor my business card. She really appreciated it because she didn't get to pick any this year because she was 7/8 months preggo's. I work for the whole family and she said somthing about adding me to her facebook page and sending it to all her friends. Sounds good.

·
Registered
5,903 Posts
Used to...still got a big box of thank you notes...Psi had postcards that were pretty good. Anyone have true stats on the effectiveness ROI included?

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am not sure how you could measure the rate of return on repeat business.

·
Registered
5,903 Posts
I am not sure how you could measure the rate of return on repeat business.
If the thank you card had a coupon maybe...
I remember at PSI there was some questioning over the follow up calls....some customers felt bothered as opposed to taken care of..suppose its what type person..its good in theory. Sarasota could go either way to my from the hip thinking.
Obviously something for the customers that provide 80% plus of your business is in order. I like thank you's....next time I get a secretary I'll start up...I'm not doing it now....

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
I gave a customer a few gallons of blackberries. She made her neighbor/friend a pie also......neighbor wanted to know where she got the berries from and she handed the neighbor my business card. She really appreciated it because she didn't get to pick any this year because she was 7/8 months preggo's. I work for the whole family and she said somthing about adding me to her facebook page and sending it to all her friends. Sounds good.

I knew it. You are busted now

1 - 13 of 13 Posts