Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i get a call yesterday about sump pump that we install, the customer call me they say their basement is flooded. when i arrive at the house i check first the sump pump line going to the back of the house to make sure my pump is working.And the pump is working ,discharging a lot of water. when i go down in the basement i check the pump everything is working properlyincluding the backup pump.but i see all the floor is wet in the basement and the water in the sump pit is 4 to 5 inches from the top of the pit. prior to this , it is raining for 3 consecutive day and it did not flood the basement . now its not raining it flood their basement.

Any i dea what the cause of the flood?

Were planning to replace the 11/2 pvc line to a 2 inch pvc line and replace the pump with a 2 inch ejector sump . is that legal here in illinois? Any suggestion whats the best thing to do to the pump and the 11/2 pvc line?

·
Professional Bullshioter
6,092 Posts
Thanks for posting on PlumbingZone.com. The Moderators of this forum would prefer if you post Do It Yourself related topics on our sister site www.DIYChatroom.com

PlumbingZone.com is designed for professional plumbers to discuss issues and topics related to their profession. Many of our plumbers are also members at DIYChatroom.com and are looking forward to assist you with your needs.

Please take a moment to post your question at www.DIYChatroom.com If your not already a member of DIYChatroom.com you can sign up for a free account by going to http://www.diychatroom.com/register.php/

We apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused. This thread has been closed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.