Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any good stories of customers who flirted with you and how you handled it? Did anyone get any dates out of these interactions?

The job I did the other day, I’d catch the lady’s teenage daughter looking at me. We’d smile back and forth. Should have got her number.

·
Registered
Plumbing
1,240 Posts
Anyone have any good stories of customers who flirted with you and how you handled it? Did anyone get any dates out of these interactions?

The job I did the other day, I’d catch the lady’s teenage daughter looking at me. We’d smile back and forth. Should have got her number.
Sounds like you’re gonna catch a case. A felony or herpes, maybe both. 🌈🫶

·
Registered
259 Posts
She was 18 or over.
18 or over? Sounds like you're guessing instead of knowing man, you know what they say about assuming.

On another note I worked with a guy who married a customer he met when doing a warranty sewer cleaning for. He told her he'd run a double blade through her fiber line under warranty if she went on a date with him.

·
Registered
Plumbing contractor
17 Posts
In the 70's a plumber I was working with related a story from when he was working in a college town. One of the guys at his shop wound up having sex with a customer, when he went to leave, he handed her the bill, she looked at it and said,
"I already paid you!"
It was a pretty good amount of work, so his check that week didn't include the labor and the material he could have collected for. He had to explain to his wife why the check was small that week.

·
Reverend, R.S.E., Master Plumber
Nice Head, what’s in the bag?
2,680 Posts
I met my ex where she worked at a high end kitchen and bath store, we were together for 7 years.
After her, I had a random hookup from a bar, we went back to her place and it turns out if worked at her place a few times, I knew and work for her landlord.

·
Registered
4,592 Posts
I met my ex where she worked at a high end kitchen and bath store, we were together for 7 years.
After her, I had a random hookup from a bar, we went back to her place and it turns out if worked at her place a few times, I knew and work for her landlord.

Oh jeeze, forgot about those (so many years ago), I hooked up a few times at a bar and either the plumbing led into a hookup or the hookup led into plumbing. 'Sold' some plumbing work at a bar once for a 'Friday afternoon and went prepared. Plumbing work turned into a date later that night and I showered there and had brought a change of clothes with me. I stayed at her house the entire weekend..............

·
Registered
Plumbing
1,240 Posts
Oh jeeze, forgot about those (so many years ago), I hooked up a few times at a bar and either the plumbing led into a hookup or the hookup led into plumbing. 'Sold' some plumbing work at a bar once for a 'Friday afternoon and went prepared. Plumbing work turned into a date later that night and I showered there and had brought a change of clothes with me. I stayed at her house the entire weekend..............
The whole weekend ? Turned into a love story 🤣

·
Registered
4,592 Posts
I've told this story before. A very well endowed customer busted me looking when we were discussing various plumbing repairs. She was in a tanktop only and stated 'maybe I should go put another shirt on and I said nothing. A few years later and now a repeat customer many times over I apologized for the incident and she said 'maybe I was dressed like that on purpose.................' Again, I didn't know what to say.

·
Registered
4,592 Posts
The whole weekend ? Turned into a love story 🤣

Yes, I went home Sunday evening. I went back to her house the following 2 weekends and then she cut me off. I always wondered if maybe she had a military significant other returning from leave as she cut me off completely. And we were going at it like teenagers all weekend(s).

·
Registered
4,592 Posts

I've told a customer that I was starting to get uncomfortable around her 14(?) yo daughter. She was followed me around like a puppy the first few trips that I was there.

·
Registered
4,592 Posts
I worked for a married service plumber briefly in the 80's and he showed up with a different truck one day. Turns out he returned to a customers house (per her invite), did not set his emergency brake and his stick shift truck rolled down her driveway backwards, crossed the road and flipped over upside down in a creek. How he explained that I'll never know.

·
Registered
4,592 Posts
Was on a coed tennis team years ago and the ice breaker was her needing plumbing work done. Between being on a team and doing plumbing work at her house it turned into dating for a short term. She was a little below my standards and a little older so I moved on fairly soon.

·
Super Moderator
11,997 Posts
Back when I first started plumbing I had this sweet old grandma customer. Her granddaughter was going to UCSD and living with her. Well grandma really wanted to hook the two of us up! She even called the shop one Saturday night when I was on call, request me, I arrived, she called the shop and canceled the appointment. I was there to have dinner and meet her granddaughter. There was no interest either way.

·
Reverend, R.S.E., Master Plumber
Nice Head, what’s in the bag?
2,680 Posts
Back when I first started plumbing I had this sweet old grandma customer. Her granddaughter was going to UCSD and living with her. Well grandma really wanted to hook the two of us up! She even called the shop one Saturday night when I was on call, request me, I arrived, she called the shop and canceled the appointment. I was there to have dinner and meet her granddaughter. There was no interest either way.
You should have taken a round out of the granny.. give that granny a good Rogering and make her walk funny for a week

1 - 20 of 56 Posts