Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
LeMarr Plumbing, Inc.
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This has been brought up in a round about ways here since the board started. Wife and I got on to this site which I remember seeing a good while back. We watched all vid's pertaining to its Office software and I watched all vid's pertaining to the Flat Rate software.
It is about the same everywhere else, but I was totally impressed with it.
Aptora-Flate Rate Plus
www.aptora.com (?)
It gives all kinds of flexibilty that you can do. It also has all kinds of marketing, sales, and other cool business stuff. It all costs but looks good.

In Christ,

Song Dog

·
Registered
843 Posts
There are a number of companies selling flat rate software. You can download a free sample book from upfrontprice.com. Some software includes such things as accounting and dispatching and all that, and some is simply for printing a price book, or you can have books printed for you. It's all very expensive. But if you can make a lot more money using it, it's worth it.

It's the kind of thing you need to study a lot about. Google flat rate and look at other shops using it. Read articles. Then start using it and spend about a year tweaking it so it will work for you.

MrHVAC

Upfront Price

Aptora

NSPG

Price Point

Maio

Schafer's

Bottom Line

True Vantage

Contractor's Advantage

·
LeMarr Plumbing, Inc.
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Herk for the other links.
Chaunda told me, we have a meeting with Aptora this week to discuss the Total Office Manager program and to see if it will work for us. I guess try it on for size:thumbsup: The T.O.M has everything in it. Pretty cool.
I want to discuss the flat rate software program also.

I will let you know how things go after the meeting.

In Christ,

Song Dog

·
LeMarr Plumbing, Inc.
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
HOLY COW! It did some COOL stuff as far as cust. service tricks, payroll, cust history, budgeting, and a ton of stuff. I don't get too worked up about this stuff like this, but I was blown away to what it all did. I was totally impressed. Now, Chaunda on the other hand is a huge skeptic (I guess in a way that is good), she was impressed.
So thats my update- AWESOME.
The same company has Flat Rate Plus (which is Mr.HVAC)

In Christ,

Song Dog

·
Registered
378 Posts
When I flat-rate,I use R.Hiltons up-front pricing.It gets a little slow sometimes looking things up since I don't use it every job ,but over-all I like the way it's laid out.

·
LeMarr Plumbing, Inc.
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
When I flat-rate,I use R.Hiltons up-front pricing.It gets a little slow sometimes looking things up since I don't use it every job ,but over-all I like the way it's laid out.
I like the way its laid out also. It is actually my 1st pick of flat rate software, but gotta check out all others, reaseach,& pick apart each one to see which wil work the best for us. It usually takes me a good while to buy anytihng cuz I research, compare and do other stuff before I buy.

In Christ,

Song Dog

·
Registered
1 Posts
Too many choices for flate rate!

I just bought my 1st Flat Rate software but it just seems there are too many choices and it is very difficult to choose. All feel flawed, all seem to require a lot of work to fix after the purchase. The Maio software with a starter book and combo with HVAC feels like the best value. I also loved the appearance of the book that they supplied with my purchase. Has anyone else struggled with this purchase?

·
Banned
6,437 Posts
I like the way its laid out also. It is actually my 1st pick of flat rate software, but gotta check out all others, reaseach,& pick apart each one to see which wil work the best for us. It usually takes me a good while to buy anytihng cuz I research, compare and do other stuff before I buy.

In Christ,

Song Dog
Have you ever added up all the hours it takes you to research and start using/tweaking a flatrate program......and the hours it takes to make the money to buy it?

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
flatt rate and software

I am not computer literate at all and my daughter showed me how to use the formulas in excel for free to set up flat rate pricing.
Right now we use sawind software and others we have checked into seem bulky and difficult to use. Our problem no one has been interested in discovering how to use the program. This seems to be the problem with other companies I have talked with concerning their software programs.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Flat Rate Pro

Hello Guy's has anyone ever used Flat Rate Pro ? Seems like a cool Software with lots of informative parts, and tasks... plaese advise if any one has tried this Software on a Apple IPad ? This is software is set up for Apple IPad and it seems pretty good... Has anyone seen it ? has anyone using it now, if Yes... whats it like... :eek:
Cheers,
Mitchell

·
Registered
5 Posts
This has been brought up in a round about ways here since the board started. Wife and I got on to this site which I remember seeing a good while back. We watched all vid's pertaining to its Office software and I watched all vid's pertaining to the Flat Rate software.
It is about the same everywhere else, but I was totally impressed with it.
Aptora-Flate Rate Plus
www.aptora.com (?)
It gives all kinds of flexibilty that you can do. It also has all kinds of marketing, sales, and other cool business stuff. It all costs but looks good.

In Christ,

Song Dog
Thanks Son Dog.... appreciate the Help!!!
Mitchell

·
Registered
412 Posts
I tried to buy a flat rate package from somebody and never got a return call. I just made my own up on my own.

Now I just use my Tablet. it's alot faster and easy that way because I already know my numbers.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I worked with a flat rate company. I liked it lots. The part i didnt like was. Prices started going up on everything. I think the best way is to use a laptop or tablet to keep track of prices on atleast a monthly bases. This way you can adjust everything as you go.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts