Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just want to make sure I'm doing this correct.
1.) Cut
2.) Ream
3.) Slide nut on
4.) Flare

Is this correct procedure?

·
Professional Bullshioter
6,092 Posts
Forgetting step 3. Sucks. Not that Ive ever done that. I had a "friend" who did. :whistling2:

·
residential service
1,948 Posts
If you have to ask this question it probably means that you are either self taught and/or the "ng for dummies" book was not clear enough. If one was a legitimate apprentice, why wouldn't one ask their journeyman or master? Flaring copper is one of those basic building block skills like learning to sweat copper, cut pipe, glue fittings, etc. After you do it a couple of times, you pretty much have it so that all that is left is to get good at it.

·
residential service
1,948 Posts
Please accept my apology. I wasn't slamming anyone, just wondering about the question. To me it is an odd question and makes me think this person is self taught. I can also see where it could possibly be an "ice breaker" as well.

Also know that I will not be going back to read every post ever made by a person to determine whether or not they are legitimate. If you ask an odd question and I do not know you I might become suspicious. If you ask an odd question and I do know you then I will assume that you have had more beers than you probably should have but will also appreciate the fact that you did so while driving your computer rather than your car ;).

·
Registered
30 Posts
Stiil have moosehead. A newfie (newfoundlander/eastcoaster) beer. Good shiz. Yeah buddy, you got the process right. Not a very common form of piping up here in our igloos.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts