Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a broken drain cleaner off of Facebook marketplace. I saw an add for a gorlitz GO-50 for $50 dollars owner said it didn't work. I said okay can I get it on Friday morning he said s yes so I drove 35 miles and picked up this machine in rough condition. I checked to make sure the frame was ok and when you spin the drum it didn't wobble. Owner said it kept tripping the breaker. I said thanks and took the machine and went home.

Attachments

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey thanks I was posting pictures with my phone and it got all screwed up I will take more pictures and add more information soon.
So far
!. the frame is good
2. the reel is good
3. the cable seems ok.
The bad parts need to replace the GFI. The pully looks like they tried to weld it and it melted probably pot metal. The motor was tripping the circuit breaker. I disconnected the motor and plugged the hot neutral line into an extension cord the motor hummed, I spun the shaft the motor ran. I am going to order a start capacitor for the motor and see how difficult it is to replace the bearings in it and clean the motor parts up with solvent. The motor would cost about $391 plus tax and shipping to replace. The frame looks like it was near some asphalt I am going to see if I can clean it up the pull handle I will remove and clean up with a wire wheel on a grinder.
I ordered some parts
Belt
Cover plate
Drive arm collar with set screw
for/rev switch
pillow block 1"
shaft pulley
2 new wheels
motor capacitor
shaft bushings
total price $238.78
for repair parts
$50 for the machine
or all in so far $288.78

I could have got the capacitor cheaper if I new what I was ordering,
They wanted $100 dollars for the GFI I looked on e-bay and saw a similar one same brand for $30 dollars hopefully it fits.

·
Registered
74 Posts
It should fit phisically the gorlitz one is pre wired out of the box, id replace the 3 way switch and the plug while you are there for not that much more money, the replacement pully for the motor that i got was cast iron wile the original was a cracked pot metal

1 - 6 of 6 Posts