Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Professional Bullshioter
6,092 Posts
Gotta love plungy:thumbup: I've been meaning to do this for years. Never have bothered to do it.

·
LeMarr Plumbing, Inc.
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks great! May I suggest more photos? Websites with pictures are better imo.
Yep! Thats what I am gonna work on next. I completely agree.
Thanks guys

In Christ,

Song Dog

·
Banned
3,806 Posts
It looks good.

More pictures is a definite need, especially pictures of completed jobs, and ones of equipment, it gives the customer something to base their comparison's on.

The internet is quickly replacing print as people's main source of information, newspapers are going under at a good clip, and phonebooks are quickly becoming not worth the paper they are printed on. I would be willing to bet the phonebook is a thing of the past within ten years, it is not cost productive to publish something like that for free anymore.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Great start!

I agree that more pictures would be great... but at least you have something. The key is to keep adding to it and making it better. Over time it will become a huge asset to your company.

Here is one easy thing to change that will help you out over time. Change the title tags on your pages to be descriptive to your company. Title tags are important to search engines and help people find your company online.

For example, your homepage is currently titled "Home"... Change that to your company name and service area or company name and slogan (or a mix as long as it doesn't get to long).

Here is what your current title tag looks like:
<title>Home</title>

I'd change it to

<title>LeMarr Plumbing - Macoupin County Plumbers</title>
or
<title>LeMarr Plumbing - The Plumbers Your Can Count On!</title>

I'd probably lean more towards the service area though or anything that someone may type in to find a plumber in your area.

Hopefully I didn't get to technical on you.

·
Banned
913 Posts
One small thing - the blue background is hard on the eyes. The blue on this forum is much easier for reading.

Websites do bring in business, so congrats for starting one.

·
No Longer at This Address
4,710 Posts
Aren't you guys required to list your Contractor's number in your ads.

Mark

·
No Longer at This Address
4,710 Posts
Good point, we are required here too. Mine is listed in my phonebook ad and my website. I don't put it on my truck though, as few other contractors do either around here.
In California all Plumbers, Well Diggers and Electric Sign Contractors must have their Contractor numbers on their trucks. However, all the other trades are exempt.

Mark

·
waterheaterzone.com
2,043 Posts
In California all Plumbers, Well Diggers and Electric Sign Contractors must have their Contractor numbers on their trucks. However, all the other trades are exempt.

Mark
If its required here, it certainly isn't enforced. I know whole fleets of plumbing vans that don't have it. I might put mine on their though just to make it known that I'm legit everywhere I drive. It certainly wouldn't hurt my image to have it on there.:thumbsup:

·
LeMarr Plumbing, Inc.
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You would think since we have our # on everything with our name, we would have it on our site.:oops:
As you can tell its in its baby stages. I can't believe it got by us. Thanks for bringing it up. We would have noticed it sooner or later. It's only been up since Sunday.

In Christ,

Song Dog

1 - 14 of 14 Posts