Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
I would like to start by telling you that I am amazed by the amount of knowledge and experience that I stumbled across finding this forum. I first set out to find out what was going on with other plumbers as far as work and the economy in other places and kind of just found this site.I see that an intro and background is a must on this site so here we go........
My name is Chris and I have been in the trade for about 23yrs give or take a year. I live in Illinois and use their code.I started plumbing at 16 by accident and it stuck.Started out working in Maryland for larger commercial residential company doing just about everything but mostly underground repairs and re-pipe jobs. Moved to New Jersey and worked for a small residential service and drain cleaning company for a few years before heading back to MD. Worked my way up to a supervisor with that company and got burned out........ So I left MD for the midwest with no intention of ever touching another pipe wrench or torch again..... that lasted about 6 months before i started my own biz basically out of boredom. Been running a small residentail new construction and service biz here for about 8 yrs. Hope that that will serve as a proper intro( I can get long winded at times)Look forward to hearing all of your war stories and new findings in our field.

Thanks for the chance to be part of this forum,
Chris
Oh yea I might as well ask the question that started this. How are you guys doing as far as work? Is it as slow everywhere else as it is here?

·
master of disaster
758 Posts
oh no!!!!! not another illinois plumber, jut kidding-welcome to the pit ! work is slowing down a bit in ohio, leak1

·
Professional Bullshioter
6,092 Posts
Welcome.

There is work out there. Pricing is one notch above habitat for humanity.

I cannot seem to bid victoriously this year:furious:

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
Welcome to PZ

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Geez weplumb what did you do copy my autobiography. I started in Md too and moved to the midwest after getting burned out. Tried to find a job working with animals with no luck so Went back into plumbing after a couple months and then opened up my own sewer and drain co last year.

·
Registered
4,960 Posts
Sheesh, does every plumber in Illinois have a computer:rolleyes:? Just kiddin', welcome to the PZ.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks guys for the welcome. Looking forward to this. Hey Al where about in Maryland? Where did you work? I still know alot of the guys out there and quite a few of the old timers. Maybe we worked together or at some of the same places. Be cool to know we might have common friends.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts