Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Retired Moderator
6,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I needed just a few things by Friday night.
4x2 CI sanitary tee
4" Lead in toilet flange
Roll of oakum
Packing tool
Ladle
The rope to pour with

Simple right? Wrong! These people must had called me 10 times and still cant get it right. I wish I had kept my CI tools, but with so much PVC I mis placed them and cant find them. Seems Ferguson is the only place in town that handles them. They finally called and said the stuff should be in tomorrow. I shall see.

Who wants to bet they still get it wrong?

·
Registered
90 Posts
What kind of project are you working on where you have to pour your joints? You cant use no hub? I havent seen anyone pour a lead joint in 8 years. Really Im surprised ferguson stocks those tools I bet our local ferguson dosent Im gonna call and see.

·
Banned
3,806 Posts
What kind of project are you working on where you have to pour your joints? You cant use no hub? I havent seen anyone pour a lead joint in 8 years. Really Im surprised ferguson stocks those tools I bet our local ferguson dosent Im gonna call and see.
All we use here is hub and spigot CI with lead joints above ground.

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
I don't do Ferguson, I stall far away from there.

·
Retired Moderator
6,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This guy was allegedly in Forbes and fortune magazines. He has an old home that has poured joints and he wants to keep it that way. Customer is always right!

And oh yes, more money, money money!

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
We called Ferguson and asked for 5 sticks of 3/4 CPVC (for T&P relief piping), after being passed around to SEVERAL people, because the first one couldn't help us, the guy on the phone asked us "is that the stuff that comes on rolls?" :blink:

They also send a really annoying salesman to our shop. He digs through the stuff on our shelves and asks "How much were these? I bet I can get them cheaper" We tried it a couple of times. He sucks. After a while we stopped giving him orders, and the less we ordered, the longer he stayed at our shop. THEN he had the audacity to try and butt in on another salesman's day at our shop. He showed up at 7:15 AM to make sure he beat the other guy in. LOL

He stayed at the shop for about 4 hours and didn't walk out with a thing on his book. :laughing:

He doesn't stop in anymore.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Ferguson suck's here! I use Keller Supply 90% of the time. Inland pipe & Supply is ok most of the time but higher priced.

·
Retired Moderator
6,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well here it is Friday, September 19th. They never called me. I called them and they claim its all there and they called and left a message. I never got it. So Saturday I will go and see!

·
Banned
383 Posts
hey im the new guy, but its good to know its not just me. ferguson lead me down a pretty slippery slope during the start of my business four years ago and because of thier lies i came pretty close to some financial issues because of them. happy to report i flushed that mess of a company and my business has been strong ever since.

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
Jjbex,

Down here we can run CPVC for relief not PVC, But I only run copper. Looks cleaner
We can run cpvc here unless it is a gas heater, then it has to be metallic.

·
every tool is a hammer
4,304 Posts
I hope it works out. I hate calling Columbia, because you get a phone monkey, who doesn't know about plumbing. They have a computer in front of them and if you are looking for something besides pipe and fittings, and don't know the stock number, forget it. My favorite supply house however, is not computerised, so if you want something quoted by the end of the day, forget it. They only bill once a month, so my boss hates it, he likes to bill as soon as the job is done, and waiting for the supply house to bill us, so we can bill our client drives him nuts, he gets on me and what can I do? I try to only use my good house on small jobs and oddball stuff. Our big jobs, i have to get the material from Columbia, because they are about a mile from us, and they bill immediately.

·
Registered
584 Posts
They only bill once a month, so my boss hates it, he likes to bill as soon as the job is done, and waiting for the supply house to bill us, so we can bill our client drives him nuts, he gets on me and what can I do? I try to only use my good house on small jobs and oddball stuff. Our big jobs, i have to get the material from Columbia, because they are about a mile from us, and they bill immediately.
We only get billed once a month. We just make them put a price on all the receipts.

·
Louisiana Master Plumber
23 Posts
All I Can Say Is Beware. Check What You Pay For Things. They Up Sell You On Material. You Order A Ball Valve And They Send you A Full Port Most Expensive One. They Charge More For Trim Parts. We Talked To Our Sales Person About This And He Wanted Us To Tell Him What We Paid For It And He Would Lower His Price. What An Idea, Can I Do That On BId Day

·
٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶&#
8,329 Posts
"Alan
you guys can use plastic on T&P drops? Our code (Illinois) says metal."

I think the union rights your codes up there to keep diyers out of plumbing. I’d love to hear what their excuse is for not letting you use cpvc on a t&p.

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
Alan
you guys can use plastic on T&P drops? Our code (Illinois) says metal.
I think he is saying electiric water heaters only, not gas fired.

·
٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶&#
8,329 Posts
As long as it doesn't violate the distance to the type of flue pipe it's next to, I don't see why gas vs electric vs solar vs oil vs wood pellets vs navel lint matters.:thumbsup:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts