Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner
1 - 5 of 39 Posts

· Registered
770 Posts
I have a gorlitz go 50 with a bad motor, well I can start it by turning the drum and it works well I replaced the start capacitor that did not work. A new motor from gorlitz is $400 dollars so I am thing of going the cheap way. A Chinese knock off motor used for $130 plus $30 shipping https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/B9kAAOSw9atjkigK/s-l640.png Or I can buy a new machine for $220 dollars 50' X 1/2"" Drain Cleaner 250w Drain Cleaning Machine Snake Sewer Clog W/ Cutter for sale online | eBay the advantage is, It is wired for forward and reverse and has a GFI and an air switch all you need to do is bolt it on and change the pully.

· Registered
770 Posts
Does it come with a pressure switch, a gfci cord, and is gold plated? 400$ seems steep to me. 200$ seems reasonable.

Depends on what's wrong with the motor and if it's built to be fixed or thrown out. Probably not worth fixing unless it's something simple. Open the wiring hole and check the capacitor and the winding ohms.
I will pull the motor and save it. ( in case I want to go back to original)
Does it come with a pressure switch, a gfci cord, and is gold plated? 400$ seems steep to me. 200$ seems reasonable.

Depends on what's wrong with the motor and if it's built to be fixed or thrown out. Probably not worth fixing unless it's something simple. Open the wiring hole and check the capacitor and the winding ohms.
To be honest I do not know how to test a motor? I could look up some you tube videos and see if I want to go that rout.

I went the cheap way and bought a new Chinese drain cleaner for $207 free delivery. I will rob the motor and see how it works on the GO-50 it is a 1/3 hp with forward reverse and an air switch and GFI on the cable. It it works I can remove all of the extra wiring and switches on the frame and use this motor. Simple to replace and the way the Gorlitz is set up with that big greased rod that holds the drum to the frame it should work great. I will post pictures of it when it is finished.

1 - 5 of 39 Posts