Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody ever do one of these Extreme Makeover shows ?? ( ABC Sunday night )

I think the idea is FANTASTIC and would love to participate in one .

However ,,,,, One week for an entire house ??????

1- Everybody is tripping over everybody
2-I know that it takes a while for several things in a house to cure/dry
3- How many of each trade do they have in there ??
4- How come the camera never slows enough for me to see the fixture traps,cut offs or even if they work ??

Please continue the list ,,,,

Cal

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh Shut Up ,,,, you and the monkey are just padding your post count !:):notworthy: Your Highness !

Cal

Just kiddin

·
Professional Bullshioter
6,092 Posts
^^:laughing: padding padding padding:whistling2:

·
LeMarr Plumbing, Inc.
772 Posts
Oh Shut Up ,,,, you and the monkey are just padding your post count !:):notworthy: Your Highness !

Cal

Just kiddin
That just about made me spray coffee all over the key board and monitor.

It would be cool to do, but somewhere and somehow someone would expect me to cut corners and I won't.

In Christ,

Song Dog

·
Registered
274 Posts
I always wondered if they have proper inspections. Do they just take pics; have a city inspection and/or an engineer sign off on the work?

Also how could you do all that work in a week and be comfortable enough to warranty it for a year or two?

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
they're giving those houses away for free, I can't imagine they're terribly concerned with warranty issues.........

However, i've heard that a lot of those places have been sold anyway, because the new owners can't afford the property taxes after it's done. :blink:

I wouldn't mind trying it once to feel it out, and if I liked it, i'd probably do it again.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: to charity work. I'd do some around here if i was licensed.

·
Registered
378 Posts
they're giving those houses away for free, I can't imagine they're terribly concerned with warranty issues.........

However, i've heard that a lot of those places have been sold anyway, because the new owners can't afford the property taxes after it's done. :blink:

I wouldn't mind trying it once to feel it out, and if I liked it, i'd probably do it again.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: to charity work. I'd do some around here if i was licensed.
I deliver food to seniors 2 days a week ,it takes me 1 to 1-1/2 hrs. each day.I'm also a certified adult literacy tutor,which means I teach people to read.It doesn't have to be plumbing to help people.I don't do plumbing for free ,so that is why I do the other things,to contribute to society,no matter how un-grateful people may seem at times.

·
Banned
1,589 Posts
My wife loves the show, I hate it.
They glamorize oversimplification of the trades while likely avoiding doing electrical & plumbing the right way.
Stuff likes this fuels moronic perceptions on flipping homes.

The idea is novel, I can at least appreciate that they do work for great causes, but I really wish they'd stop giving the impression that a good GC is a hyperactive metrosexual who loves to hug people.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
WELL SAID GRUMPY !!!

Cal

1 - 13 of 13 Posts