Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
yes we have here they are a common item and space saver.

the only problem ive seen is that the bladder moves up and down with the water level and the pvc piping isnt flexible enough and joinsd break. this means under a house the owner wont know until its visible.

to over come this i use plumbquiks(rubber)

·
Professional Bullshioter
6,092 Posts
Used later for what purpose?

·
Registered
88 Posts
its a law here on new buildings to have a rainwater tank connected to toilets and washing machines. its part of a solution to save energy and water. we are in our tenth year of drought with storages down to 30%.
we have a desalination plant on the horizon. interesting times!

·
Registered
88 Posts
ive done two of these under houses i form up a bed of sand to lay these on. its probably over board but i would hate to go back to replace due to a puncture underneath. there are a few different brands.

the ones ive done join at the top and move up and down with the water level. the plastic joins arent fleible enough and end up breaking with the stress. ive tried rubber couplings as a final join to help, time will tell is this is the answer. it really needs a ball joint to remedy this but ive yet to see anything on the market.

im suprised you blokes dont have them. our storage levels just dipped below 30% here. interesting times we are on level 3a restrictions some towns are on levels 4 & 5.

·
Water Whisperer
3,627 Posts
I know in California, the rain belongs to the State and they don't want you stealing it. No lie; it is against the law to collect rain water.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I know in California, the rain belongs to the State and they don't want you stealing it. No lie; it is against the law to collect rain water.
Thats a new one on me. I have a meeting with the plumbing inspector for my town this week regarding grey water systems and I will bring it up. As a state we are all messed up. It would be pretty funny though if it is true. We can grow pot but we can't water it with illegal rain water

1 - 17 of 17 Posts