Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently I meet with my guys at my shop every morning to discuss the day's work orders and jobs along with any issues from yesterday. I will typically meet them at new projects we are starting and periodically show up off and on throughout the duration of the project to inspect what I expect. Sometimes I will send crews out on their own with no problems. My most experience guys have more freedom. At the end of the day they go home from their last job location. I do require them to call in when they are done for the day, sometimes they do and sometimes they don't. Often times I loose track of time and forgot to follow up with them to see how they are doing and also if I haven't heard from them. I'm still old fashion and have them manually fill out a daily time sheet listing each job and start/ end time. This is typically done the following morning. Sometimes not very accurate or they can't remember the exact or length of time they were on the job- makes it hard to invoice correctly. Very frustrating. There are several companies who offer electronic job tracking, employee time sheets with GPS locator and also has the ability to do field invoicing. I'm not sure who to go with. These programs seem to work great if all you are doing is service work but not so go in areas of new construction or with quoted jobs. I am wondering what y'all are using and if can point me in the right direction. Any help would be appreciative.

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
T sheets app. Clock in, clock out, switch jobs mid day. Plenty of room for jobs notes. Attach files and photos. All the while gps is tracking the log in and log out locations. Some of my employees don't like that feature as it keeps them from fudging on their time.

·
Registered
825 Posts
T sheets app. Clock in, clock out, switch jobs mid day. Plenty of room for jobs notes. Attach files and photos. All the while gps is tracking the log in and log out locations. Some of my employees don't like that feature as it keeps them from fudging on their time.

ive had t sheets for a year and am very happy. its cheap and there is a setting that requires employees to enter notes when clocking out which helps me keep track of jobs. also they can clock in on billable for t and m jobs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
The Old (antique) Master
2,246 Posts
Questions ...

Very good to see record keeping being talked about. I would assume this is
to keep track of paid hours. Am I correct that this is for straight time billing.
How about Static Break-even Billing? (overhead on chargeable hours) Not all
paid hours are chargeable. It would behoove all business persons to keep an averaging sheet. Once that figure is known and kept up to date, you may see better bottom lines.

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
Very good to see record keeping being talked about. I would assume this is
to keep track of paid hours. Am I correct that this is for straight time billing.
How about Static Break-even Billing? (overhead on chargeable hours) Not all
paid hours are chargeable. It would behoove all business persons to keep an averaging sheet. Once that figure is known and kept up to date, you may see better bottom lines.
We are flat rate so this app is primarily to record employees hours (my plumbers are a hybrid (hourly/bonus)). But all job details can be recorded so the office has immediate/live updates on job status, payment arrangements, rescheduling, etc.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts