Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
every tool is a hammer
4,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I have a brand new Noritz tankless water heater. I want now How much for install it.( install it in basement)
Probably price is fine.(about ? hundred ).
I’m live in homewood.

Thank

Cheng

It usually takes 2 plumbers all day, so 1600 hundred for labor, plus material.

Jeff

How come I never heard nothing back?

·
Professional Bullshioter
6,092 Posts
He prolly wanted it done in te - fiteen minute. That the answer I always get when ordering.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Huh. What a coincidence, The flyer on my windshield said Low Kee Plumbing , State of art water heater install 1595.00. you buy now

·
Banned
383 Posts
how in the hell is cheng buying a noritz when rinnai is his peoples product.
hes never gonna get a green card with that attitude.

·
I aint CPV see in it?
4,896 Posts
Seriously, when i bid those, when im the first, people look at me like i am crazy, but then they usually call back when they get higher prices from other competitors, dont be suprised if you here back from him. I priced one the other day for an aisa guy that has a 100 gl heater that isnt enough. He said i was the lowest and that they would do it next month, well see.

·
residential service
1,948 Posts
The real pisser here is how did he get his hands on a Noritz to begin with? This of course is a rhetorical question. He got it from e-bay. I sell Noritz partly because I think it's the best product out there and partly because they make a better effort than anyone else at keeping Johnny home owner from getting his hands on them. They are not doing enough but at least it's more than any other brand. So far I've only been price shopped on my "labor" once but I expect it will happen again. I think the way I will handle it is to let the ho provide the tankless, I charge my normal install price including my mark up, minus my cost for the heater and no warranty. The mark up on the product is part of the deal. You can provide the unit if you want but you won't save any money and you will lose my warranty.

·
Banned
913 Posts
The real pisser here is how did he get his hands on a Noritz to begin with? This of course is a rhetorical question. He got it from e-bay. I sell Noritz partly because I think it's the best product out there and partly because they make a better effort than anyone else at keeping Johnny home owner from getting his hands on them. They are not doing enough but at least it's more than any other brand. So far I've only been price shopped on my "labor" once but I expect it will happen again. I think the way I will handle it is to let the ho provide the tankless, I charge my normal install price including my mark up, minus my cost for the heater and no warranty. The mark up on the product is part of the deal. You can provide the unit if you want but you won't save any money and you will lose my warranty.
I agree with your logic in pricing with customer supplied items. Do you tell the HO there is still mark-up on it?

My justification would be this to the owner "If I supply XYZ and something goes wrong during the install, my supplier with whom I have a great relationship will give me a substantial break if I need to purchase a replacement. We do a lot of business together and look out for each other. Mr. HO, you paid retail for your item and if anything happens to it, I am on the hook at the retail price. It is only fair that I am compensated for my risk. Consider it insurance."

1 - 16 of 16 Posts