Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
I have a free listing, there was a pretty hard sell to get me to pay for the "exclusive listing" but the guy got the hint after three 'No's". I have only had it for a couple of weeks and I did get a job from it the first week. Just a couple of leaks under a summer cottage that just got turned on, but as I was getting loaded up to leave that job the neighbor comes over and has a WH that is leaking... so that little job turned into a pretty good day.

·
LICENSE PLUMBER
1,437 Posts
I did it for a full year and not 1 JOB:censored::censored: i was paying $125.00 a month just to receive a Tex / email that 3 other companies received by the same customer at the same time:furious::furious::censored::censored: Don't believe???? try it your self!!! In my opinion you'll be wasting your time and money!!!!

·
Registered
197 Posts
Sounds a lot like Service Magic. I made the mistake of trusting them despite the helpful advice of my peers here. I'm one of those people that needs to learn his own lessons. Anyway, used SM for two weeks, one call (cost me $19.50 - not $16.50 that they said was my high side for an "exact match").:furious:

I understand that any ad takes time, but IMHO I think it's a scam. The sales guy setup my profile casting a wide net (not what we discussed over the phone). The $$$ he described was different too.

Anyway, $19.50 later, this is what I bought:
The email was a dead email, and the phone number went to voice mail all day (may have been a "work from home and earn big $$$ scam). I learned a lesson.

This is what I learned:
1. As a "customer" looking for a deal on the internet, it costs them nothing to give false information.

2. Although I don't run my business that way, SM can provide false information to run up my tabs (I'm not saying thats what they did, but it is possible.):whistling2:

3. If I am going to pay for new customers, I may as well spend that money advertising to my demographic properly.

4. Paid advertising on-line sucks, These are my basic questions - who can you trust? Who has your best interests at heart? ME!:thumbup:

As far as I can tell, best money spent for internet ads is with ad words. I haven't started my campaign yet, still working out the details. But the ol' pay per click thing bothers me - It costs me nothing to click on an ad, so why should it cost me $$ for someone to click on my ad. Why dollars and not cents? Is the ROI worth it?:no:

Maybe I'm better off putting feet to pavement and knocking on doors, and meeting new people. So far this has been working for me, but I need to fill the up coming slow months.

·
philosopher and statesmen
7,712 Posts
Ad words suck too

4. Paid advertising on-line sucks, These are my basic questions - who can you trust? Who has your best interests at heart? ME!:thumbup:

As far as I can tell, best money spent for internet ads is with ad words. I haven't started my campaign yet, still working out the details. But the ol' pay per click thing bothers me - It costs me nothing to click on an ad, so why should it cost me $$ for someone to click on my ad. Why dollars and not cents? Is the ROI worth it?:no:

ADD WORDS SUCK TOO....
I shelled out money for it a few years ago and it was a waste of time

their are just too many people with nothing better to do than sit around and click on your name and cost you a few dolllars... they dont want anything they simply are bored..

service majic sucks big time too...
they have been trying to get me to sign backup with them... I keep getting calls every week from someone wanting to talk to me from service majic.. .....they promise to play nice this time around.......

·
Registered
197 Posts

ADD WORDS SUCK TOO....
I shelled out money for it a few years ago and it was a waste of time

their are just too many people with nothing better to do than sit around and click on your name and cost you a few dolllars... they dont want anything they simply are bored..

service majic sucks big time too...
they have been trying to get me to sign backup with them... I keep getting calls every week from someone wanting to talk to me from service majic.. .....they promise to play nice this time around.......
Sorry Mark, I may have dropped your name with the SM salesman.:whistling2:

Did they offer the ol' "No sign up fee"?:laughing:

I'm sure you can more than handle them, but I do sincerely apologize if it is my fault that they keep calling.

·
7,712 Posts
Sorry Mark, I may have dropped your name with the SM salesman.:whistling2:

Did they offer the ol' "No sign up fee"?:laughing:

I'm sure you can more than handle them, but I do sincerely apologize if it is my fault that they keep calling.

I used to be with them a long time ago... they just try
to make nice nice and hope I am hungry enough for another round of trouble...

I am pretty sure it was not you....

I just ignore the text

did you ever get on with cross country ???

·
Registered
197 Posts
Not yet - I did contact them, but nothing yet. Good news though, I've been too busy to follow up!

I'll have two off days next week, I'll follow up then.

·
7,712 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Use to be good

E Local used to be good. However, after penguin 2.o Google update I see elocal taking hits and not showing up very well. Minimal payback.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts