Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Retired Moderator
6,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Excuse me for sounding ignorant, but I have never seen nor installed an electric toilet. This toilet I saw had a 110 volt plug coming out the tank to a wall plug. Is this a power flush or something? The only other power assist flush toilets were the ones that had an air bladder in the tank.

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
Yes it is a power assist, I replaced a fillvalve in one the other day, A koher toilet.

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
No, the first time I heard it was electric, i though to myself, ok they gone to far with capital punishment. :laughing:

·
Registered
468 Posts
How about a picture or make/model?

The only electric hook-ups I have seen or heard are these:

1) Powered bidet seat. Has seat heater, water heater for the sprayer, fan to recirculate foul odors through charcoal filter.

2) Macerator.

Is there a toilet which somehow uses Mr. Edison to help flush the "stuff"?

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
That's the one I worked on.

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
That's hard to say USP, only had to work on one of them, it has a push button on the side, there is a time delay after each push of the button, the full valve was about $65, if the fluidmaster was a little shorter it might have worked in it, I ordered the valve and took one week ground shipping.

·
Registered
378 Posts
I've installed some as long as 8 or 10 years back.Another one is the user-friendly which has batteries and a sensor inside the tank.It won't flush until you put the seat down.
It wouldn't be good for my home as I have a septic system and we don't flush after urinating each time as this system already 25 years old.Glad I own land,I don't have to run in the house all the time since I drink a lot of water.:laughing:

·
Retired Moderator
6,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I've installed some as long as 8 or 10 years back.Another one is the user-friendly which has batteries and a sensor inside the tank.It won't flush until you put the seat down.
It wouldn't be good for my home as I have a septic system and we don't flush after urinating each time as this system already 25 years old.Glad I own land,I don't have to run in the house all the time since I drink a lot of water.:laughing:
I have 15 acres here in VA, so you know what they say, when you are a man, the world is your toilet:laughing:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts