Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Master Plumber
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Out in western CO I had lots of opportunities to take classes on various things related to plumbing and heating. Here in the southeast it's like pulling hen's teeth to find anything within decent driving distance.

I pretty much go to everything I can. More knowledge makes me a better plumber.

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
Sometimes I take a class on things, nothing wrong with expanding the horizons.

·
Ridgid tool user
4,909 Posts
I'm finishing up my degree in hvac to unlearn all the wrong things I was taught in the beginning. One dissapointing thing is that I've been unable to find any plumbing classes. The navy taught me plumbing and much of it is outdated(galvanized for water lines) so much of my knowledge is self taught.

·
Registered
378 Posts
I spent a day in a Rinnai workshop last month.It was top notch.We paired up and completely dis-assembled and re-assembled every component of both the interior and exterior tank-less units.
Congrats on your HVAC work,are you going to hold a mechanical license then also?Also,Oklahoma has very little as far as continuing education but when things do come around I'm the first to sign up.Never to old to learn.

·
Banned
3,806 Posts
Illinois requires 4 hours of continuing education yearly or you can't renew your license, I'm surprised more states don't do the same.

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
Oregon has the same requirement here Killer. But at 8 hrs per year

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
Our license is good for 3 years, and I need 24 hrs of CED before I can renew.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts