Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I should post a picture, but I don't have one right now...

This house we have just started the finish stage. Floor guys come in to start hardwood, and the electrician hasn't put any lights up yet. What does that mean? Those yellow halogens are everywhere. Well, they had one more bathroom to light up and their last light had no leg, and no handle. At this point i'll let you take a guess what they did with their light. :laughing:

So we get a call that one of our caps blew off of the stub out (pex). We instantly looked at each other in disbelief, said ok, we'll come and fix it. Come to find out, the plug is fully intact. Floor guys hung the light from that metal screen thats on the front of them on our hot water stub out. We stub out of the wall with pex, and the line was under pressure. Exploded like a volcano, probably a good 3/8" hole in the pipe. Wish I had been there to see those floor guys move. :laughing::laughing::laughing:

·
Registered
584 Posts
I'm kind of surprised it got hot enough to rupture while it was charged. Probably an air pocket.

We use these to come through the wall when we do pex. For four bucks or so a piece they look so much nicer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts