Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Retired Moderator
6,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When installing a 2 bowl vanity do you use 4 seperate feeds and 4 cut offs, or do you use 2 duel feed valves for both sinks?

·
Banned
3,806 Posts
Code here would require four shut offs, a fixture is defined as anything that has a drain, and every fixture has to have isolation valves.

·
I aint CPV see in it?
4,896 Posts
Thats kind of a lame question to me, my code requires a cutt-off for each fixture. Also, we aren't allowed to use a dual stop under the kitchen sink for a dishwasher supply either, but they let us get away with it.

·
Banned
1,644 Posts
When installing a 2 bowl vanity do you use 4 seperate feeds and 4 cut offs, or do you use 2 duel feed valves for both sinks?
Bill, Either you are drinking still , just looking to start topics, or your not a real plumber:), what kind of question was this, Doesnt the UPC state that all fixtures need cut offs?

Thats kind of a lame question to me, my code requires a cutt-off for each fixture. Also, we aren't allowed to use a dual stop under the kitchen sink for a dishwasher supply either, but they let us get away with it.

Agreed, He must be drinking hard liquor now :)

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
Separate shut off at the fixtures.

·
Plumbing and Gas SCO
1,437 Posts
Universal health care, ABS drainage, great fishing and hunting, hot women, real beer, best whiskey.

It is paradise up here. Of course I just came out from under a mobile home that froze their water lines. I had to swim through 6" of water to get to the shut off underneath. The clearance was so tight I couldn't put anything down to stay out of it. It's -18f here right now so I had to come home and change into dry clothes.
The break is in a really bad spot for soldering so in goes a..............................Sharkbite! The split is in a nest of...yup POLY B so I don't want to start pulling lines out of the way to keep from melting them, with that crap its better to just leave it be. These people can't afford a repiping.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts

Why do this? There's one valve at the curb that will shut everything off.:eek::laughing::laughing::laughing:

happy newyear:party:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts