Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Ridgid tool user
4,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I finally got a duct rodder...Condux Cobra 5/16x500. The end has the adapter to screw attahments in it but it's about 3' long and I worry that it'll get jammed in a wye.

Do you keep the threaded attachment end on your rodder or do you just cut it off?

·
Watcha Got
3,334 Posts
I need mine. I think you will find it useful. From the looks of some of Ricks photos (pretty sure it was his pic), he sends it down a sewer, out into the street to a manhole so he can run a jetter upstream. They usually make several adapters for different scenarios.

Is that one a traceable rodder?

·
Ridgid tool user
4,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Unfortunantley not traceable. I've been doing the same thing with tape and the tape seems to hold just fine. I was thinking of glueing a golf ball on the end to help with turns and offsets.

·
Ridgid tool user
4,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My rodder came with an 18" flexible leader which snapped when going through a 4" san tee. The issue is when using the flexible leader, the end of the leader and rodder is about 7" and doesn't help at all making the turns.

·
Watcha Got
3,334 Posts
For turns like that a 3/16 may be better. 5/16 in 4" is great for the long straight pushes but I wouldn't attempt the 1/4 bends. 1/8 bends shouldn't be a problem though but you will need a roller or something because the blunt end will probably stick in a joint.

·
I Married Up
16,933 Posts
gear junkie said:
So I finally got a duct rodder...Condux Cobra 5/16x500. The end has the adapter to screw attahments in it but it's about 3' long and I worry that it'll get jammed in a wye.

Do you keep the threaded attachment end on your rodder or do you just cut it off?
The end on the rod is 3' long? :eek:

The end on my Jameson is only an inch or two.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts