Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Plumbing Contractor
975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know alot of us are in a hurry to get to job to job. But we need to watch hour speeds with school back in circle. Little kids walking to the bus and not paying attention to cars. I was sitting at a stop sign on the way to drop my kids off this morning at school. I looked both ways and seen a kid dart out into the street with out even looking before he ran out there. Of course there was a car coming but they were driving slowly. Thank God!
That would been awful to see a child get injured on the 2nd day of school.

·
Retired Moderator
6,781 Posts
I was at Food Lion. I saw a woman and a 3 to 4 year old walking to the car. The kid kept running around where traffic flows and mom did not seem to say anything. As I pulled out of the parking stall the kid ran right out in front of me. I did not see him, the boy riding with me saw him dart out and yelled. Still mom did not seem concerned untill I threatened to call the police. She grabbed JR and hauled ass out the lot.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Here in CA there is a new law....no talking on cell phone in a vehicle, unless you are on a blue tooth. But the hospitals have pointed out that a very frequent emergency room case these days is "run over while texting"! Pedestrians furiously working both thumbs, not paying any attention, and falling off steps, or walking of curbs in front of traffic!

·
Plumbing and Gas SCO
1,437 Posts
I watched a guy back out of his driveway very fast, cross the near lane and into the far one. He caused the truck in front of me ( with a kid STANDING on the seat ) to slam on his brakes hard, The kid in the truck in front of me hit the windshield and fell to the floor. The guy that cut him off honked, flipped him the bird and yelled at him before driving off fast. Very lucky kid, he wasn't hurt, but his grandfather was freaked. He refused to drive another foot until the kids mother was called and picked him up. Always buckle those kids up. Even in a small town. Even if just driving "to get icecream".

·
Plumbing Contractor
975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My nieghbor (Hootchie)

My neighbor (Hootchie) has 3 kids 15 year old son , 13 year old daughter (that plays mommy to 1 1/2 year old brother) last night I was in my driveway putting together a gas manifold. I heard a noise on the other side of my garage. It was her kid over in my yard. He came and sat down next to me for about 20-25 min ( he was in a poo filled diaper to , he really to be sitting down wind from me. woo wee) before hootchie came looking for him. She was yelling his name, I just sat there didn't say a word and did my thing! so did the kid! just watching me put things together. He got up and took off around the other side of the garage before she Finally came over to ask me if I seen him. I said umm nope :whistling2:I think I heard something on the other side of the gargae earlier. I'm not her babysitter. Pay attention to your kid! IF you don't want him give him to a adoption agency for he can find a family to watch over him

I wish this lady would move!! But she was whoring the street before we moved in. ( accually has RED light bulb on sometimes) I tell my kids to stay out of there yard.

Next year I putting up an 10ft privacy fence with gaurd shacks on the corners and barb wire across the top edge. just on her side though!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts