Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
Certified DIY Advisor (Terms and conditions apply)
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
How did you build up that much speed and T-bone somebody that the hard if you were just pulling out?
Just wacky timing I guess. He was going 50. I was barely pulling out (not like that) and that's how it all crunched

·
Registered
6,070 Posts
How did you build up that much speed and T-bone somebody that the hard if you were just pulling out?
I caught a LARGE truck on video with my dash cam blowing through a red light at a 4 way doing like 55 in a 35 a couple months ago and reported it to the police. The officer was very surprised. I would have loved to hear the conversation between he and the own of that company.

Reactions: MACPLUMB777

·
Super Moderator
8,872 Posts
Nowadays sheet metal crumples a lot, a few years back a woman did a left hand turn on a 5 lane red light. "Her GPS said so" IT WAS ONE WAY! I hit her broadside at close to 50 km/hr, my front bumper where I had welded a steel channel under held but the entire front end buckled in, the rad crushed into the motor, the hood halfway up my windshield.

As we were waiting for the police the rain was a heavy downpour, the woman tried to get under my umbrella but no phocking way, I knew I wasn't getting a penny from my insurance and I would have a huge bill and have to repair it all myself while she'd get a free new car. I let her get soaked, idiot.

·
Registered
6,070 Posts
............I knew I wasn't getting a penny from my insurance and I would have a huge bill and have to repair it all myself while she'd get a free new car. I let her get soaked, idiot.
Why didn't her insurance pay for your vehicle if she was at fault?

Reactions: MACPLUMB777

·
Super Moderator
8,872 Posts
Why didn't her insurance pay for your vehicle if she was at fault?

Insurance doesn't work like that here. My insurance covers a money amount if I cause an accident(probably to another party or something) however my car doesn't get fixed or I get any money for it because it's 10 years old. I would need a yearly 800$ appraisal or something ridiculous for them to declare my truck is worth 900$. Since I didn't have it appraised before the accident they either wanted to declare the truck totaled with a 60$ cheque or I shut the case, keep the truck and fix it myself. I fixed it myself.

My Corvette in the insurance eyes will be worth probably 100 dollars in about 4 years (10 year old car). I will have to get it appraised to show the insurance it's worth more than the weight of scrap metal.

·
Super Moderator
2,121 Posts
21 - 26 of 26 Posts