Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner
281 - 300 of 308 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,022 Posts
Picked up a life long customer today. His mom’s main line was backed up. Pvc to the street, clay under the road. Nothing special. Opened about 55’ out. Prevent next year, plus he’s going to give his landlord for his business my card. Apparently he hasn’t had a working sewer line in quite sometime.

Not the topic of this post though.... the washer dumps on the floor and runs to the floor drain. The black looking stuff on the floor is roots! I’ve seen roots in floor drains, maybe a couple root hairs coming up through a thin basement floor, but nothing like this!

·
Registered
7,083 Posts
.............. The black looking stuff on the floor is roots! I’ve seen roots in floor drains, maybe a couple root hairs coming up through a thin basement floor, but nothing like this!...

I've pulled a couple toilets on slab to find roots. Pulled one in a cabin and found cedar roots had followed the pipe up out the ground a foot and a half!!

·
Super Moderator
2,046 Posts
Picked up a life long customer today. His mom’s main line was backed up. Pvc to the street, clay under the road. Nothing special. Opened about 55’ out. Prevent next year, plus he’s going to give his landlord for his business my card. Apparently he hasn’t had a working sewer line in quite sometime.

Not the topic of this post though.... the washer dumps on the floor and runs to the floor drain. The black looking stuff on the floor is roots! I’ve seen roots in floor drains, maybe a couple root hairs coming up through a thin basement floor, but nothing like this! View attachment 129135 View attachment 129136 View attachment 129137
You need to sell them a full case of ROOTX !

·
Registered
7,083 Posts
Almost exactly, the one I described was packed solid with darker cedar roots almost twice as thick. It smelled like a car freshener lolz I told my manager about it and they recoiled and asked me not to share stories like that with them anymore! Some people....

·
Registered
91 Posts
House real close to the street, sewer backed up, didn’t seem like much more than 60-70’. Cables out, couldn’t get past with a 4” cutter, worked it and worked it, no luck. Went in with a 3” cutter, finally popped through, came back and corked right at the clean out. Far from the biggest beavertail I’ve ever pulled out, but definitely one of the thickest. I had to reach into the clean out and pull it apart clump by clump until I could finally pull the whole thing back. I don’t usually cork myself so I felt like a jack wagon. Camera showed line was real clean but it did run out to the side street between two neighbor houses.

Shoe Automotive tire Road surface Asphalt Gas

·
Registered
7,083 Posts
House real close to the street, sewer backed up, didn’t seem like much more than 60-70’. Cables out, couldn’t get past with a 4” cutter, worked it and worked it, no luck. Went in with a 3” cutter, finally popped through, came back and corked right at the clean out. Far from the biggest beavertail I’ve ever pulled out, but definitely one of the thickest. I had to reach into the clean out and pull it apart clump by clump until I could finally pull the whole thing back. I don’t usually cork myself so I felt like a jack wagon. Camera showed line was real clean but it did run out to the side street between two neighbor houses.
Good job. Looks like you need a new foot pedal!

·
Registered
7,083 Posts
It's sitting in the cab of my van between the seats... 😴
When I get a new foot pedal I wrap it around the motor so the next time I use the snake I remember to swap it.

·
Registered
2,599 Posts

View attachment 130829
What machine is that??? How did it handle the thick roots??? Looks like it did good

·
Registered
2,599 Posts

View attachment 130829
This happens to me on every drain I do don’t matter if new pedal or not

·
Registered
91 Posts
Which is better Ridged or Spartan
Probably a matter of preference. I’ve only cleaned a few drains with the Ridgid, I fought thousands of root infested clay tile sewers with the Spartan. That Spartan was a monster, almost undefeated. So far I think I like the Ridgid the same, seems to have the same amount of power but I can’t tell for sure yet. I do really like the Ridgid stairclimber because it folds up and down to help you get the machine in the truck, I’d probably have to build a ramp or winch setup to run the Spartan out of my van. Also I love the ridgid quick connect system for the cables and blade holders.

·
Registered
7,083 Posts
......... I’d probably have to build a ramp or winch setup to run the Spartan out of my van...........
This is an old pic, my ramp is now a nicer, painted piece of 3/4" ply. The plywood slides in to the right of the snake, against the cage. Very easy to get in and out. I just bolted a piece of deep unistrut to the ceiling reinforcement piece. I have a general speedrooter 91/92.

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Gas Rim Engineering
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Wood Gas Auto part

·
Super Moderator
10,022 Posts
This is an old pic, my ramp is now a nicer, painted piece of 3/4" ply. The plywood slides in to the right of the snake, against the cage. Very easy to get in and out. I just bolted a piece of deep unistrut to the ceiling reinforcement piece. I have a general speedrooter 91/92.

View attachment 130833
View attachment 130834
Other than the type of machine, the back of your truck looks like mine at the moment….

·
Registered
7,083 Posts
Other than the type of machine, the back of your truck looks like mine at the moment….
That pic is several years old. Much more organized now..................at the moment ;)

281 - 300 of 308 Posts