Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Banned
383 Posts
looks good, i definitally like the powder coated casings on the rinnais. ive put a few of the newer ones and im kicking myself for using the old style in my house. oh well ill put one in in 20 years.

·
Retired Moderator
6,781 Posts
Looks good!

How do they do as far as cost per month vs old storage tank type?
What about electric consumption, is it less than the old style tanks?

·
I aint CPV see in it?
4,896 Posts
Dont see how its going to draw evenly from both units with the hot side tee offset that far. I always center mine, with evenly cut pieces in between so i get a dead even draw. You might have problems with the one on the right i would think.

·
Plumber Manhattan Beach
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dont see how its going to draw evenly from both units with the hot side tee offset that far. I always center mine, with evenly cut pieces in between so i get a dead even draw. You might have problems with the one on the right i would think.

You need to understand how a tankless works to understand that this will not happen.

Everything flows perfect in this guys house.

·
Always Something
1,369 Posts
I don't see any pictures of the install...the linkl for for a blanket info page...no pics

Rockstar, even though I cannot see his install it doesn't matter. Tankless units in tandem or 3 or 4 or 5+ units tied together share the load. Say there is a 3 GPM draw, the units do not fire and produce 1.5 gpm each. The primary unit (switches every 24 hrs) takes the bulk of the load, THAN once it becomes more efficient to, it will light the secobnd unit. Unless it's a really high demand neither of these units will run at 100%. The ballancing of the piping is important to tanked non mechanical heaters...not tankless. Pwr consumption will.....err, this is West Coast's thread....Imma let him answer all your questions.

·
Plumber Manhattan Beach
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Looks good!

How do they do as far as cost per month vs old storage tank type?
What about electric consumption, is it less than the old style tanks?

Small amount of power, they are a bit less expensive. You get tax rebates from the feds and rebates from the gas company.

Main thing is space savings and endless hot water. This customer had remodeled his bathroom, the contractor installed a regular tank type 50 gallon water heater for a 4 bathroom house with big jacuzzi tub :eek::no:

He was able to use his tub. And I freed up space in his garage for his new motorcycle when he gets it.

·
Plumber Manhattan Beach
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I don't see any pictures of the install...the linkl for for a blanket info page...no pics

Rockstar, even though I cannot see his install it doesn't matter. Tankless units in tandem or 3 or 4 or 5+ units tied together share the load. Say there is a 3 GPM draw, the units do not fire and produce 1.5 gpm each. The primary unit (switches every 24 hrs) takes the bulk of the load, THAN once it becomes more efficient to, it will light the secobnd unit. Unless it's a really high demand neither of these units will run at 100%. The ballancing of the piping is important to tanked non mechanical heaters...not tankless. Pwr consumption will.....err, this is West Coast's thread....Imma let him answer all your questions.

Thank you for clearing that up I couldn't have said it better myself, I gave the lazy quick answer :thumbup:

·
Dream Team Founder
315 Posts
westcoast - I checked out your website portfolio and it looks sweet! but do you think you could cut the tags off the braided supplies for me please from now on? hahahah

·
I aint CPV see in it?
4,896 Posts
Hey, thanks for the insite, thats why i was asking, love the answers and knowledge of the subject, not tryin to break your ballcocks westcoast. Your cool with me dude, thanks for the thread. Its neat to still be learning.

·
Always Something
1,369 Posts
I have a silly little question....describe the first pic (had to install java on my new rig). I obviously see the insulated line but where is that to? It kinda looks like a recirc line just based on where it's comming out of the wall....just was wondering. I gotta tell ya you are perking my interest in propress a little.

·
Plumber Manhattan Beach
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I have a silly little question....describe the first pic (had to install java on my new rig). I obviously see the insulated line but where is that to? It kinda looks like a recirc line just based on where it's comming out of the wall....just was wondering. I gotta tell ya you are perking my interest in propress a little.

The first line that goes up the wall and over across the garage is a 1" cold line, I brought over, directly ont he other side is the water service, and then the second line coming back in, going straight up, instead of taking that back over where the water heater was, by the water service, I found a hot line under the master and tied it in. Now the customer has hot water alot sooner, only about 6' at the most of pipe to travel before it hit his master shower and soak tub.

The exterior units have thermosil, I am just waiting for the electrician to be done. I went over last night and was pissed, they didn't run water proof switches to the units, just tied in 2 conduits to the plug, very upsetting as I refered these guys, i had them do the pump job I posted earlier, on monday, but obviously they were not aware of the correct install to tankless as far as electrical.

·
Plumber Manhattan Beach
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hey, thanks for the insite, thats why i was asking, love the answers and knowledge of the subject, not tryin to break your ballcocks westcoast. Your cool with me dude, thanks for the thread. Its neat to still be learning.

No worries, I was just really tired, I had the tankless, pumps, wall leak and service calls plus emergency calls all week, so I didn't have patience :thumbsup:

Not your fault.

·
Always Something
1,369 Posts
The first line that goes up the wall and over across the garage is a 1" cold line, I brought over, directly ont he other side is the water service, and then the second line coming back in, going straight up, instead of taking that back over where the water heater was, by the water service, I found a hot line under the master and tied it in. Now the customer has hot water alot sooner, only about 6' at the most of pipe to travel before it hit his master shower and soak tub.

The exterior units have thermosil, I am just waiting for the electrician to be done. I went over last night and was pissed, they didn't run water proof switches to the units, just tied in 2 conduits to the plug, very upsetting as I refered these guys, i had them do the pump job I posted earlier, on monday, but obviously they were not aware of the correct install to tankless as far as electrical.

Haaaa.....very good young Danielson. I almost always opt for the outdoor GFI recept. However I have done plenty on just a shutoff switch. This option can be used as a selling point as people usually never have enough recepts outside and the increased cost is minimal.

Looks good:thumbsup:

·
Plumber Manhattan Beach
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Haaaa.....very good young Danielson. I almost always opt for the outdoor GFI recept. However I have done plenty on just a shutoff switch. This option can be used as a selling point as people usually never have enough recepts outside and the increased cost is minimal.

Looks good:thumbsup:

I can't stand GFI's, they are to sensative. I want it hard wired in, with a water proof switch, 1 for each unit in this case. I don't want anything anyone can unplug or a sensative GFI to cause me problems. :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts