Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
I Married Up
16,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Good for you! I’m skeptical when I see those bath fitter commercials. What is the quality like?
Like anything, workmanship can make or break anything. I have installers that have been with me 12+ years, and my rookie has been with us over 3 years. They are absolute craftsmen. The product is excellent, the lifetime warranty is real, the process is excellent, and the company is excellent. We also provide lifetime labor warranty on the Delta faucets we install.

·
I Married Up
16,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Any interesting stories accumulated while you've been gone?
Family, businesses, music, quilts, writing, teaching. I guess it's just more of the same ole stuff. I'm not an interesting fellow.

Oh wait, there is one thing...I have more gray hair. LOL

·
Registered
7,511 Posts
Family, businesses, music, quilts, writing, teaching. I guess it's just more of the same ole stuff. I'm not an interesting fellow.

Oh wait, there is one thing...I have more gray hair. LOL
You make quilts?

·
I Married Up
16,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
You make quilts?
Yeah. It started with my Great Grandmother when I was maybe 5yrs old. I still have a couple that I worked on with her, and some with my Grandmother. Me and MizBiz both make quilts. Here’s a couple recent ones.

Brown Purple Product Rectangle Black
Rectangle Azure Textile Triangle Creative arts

·
I Married Up
16,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
My mom makes epic quilts. Like heirloom quality.
Much respect to her. Most people have no idea how much work goes into that level of cratsmanship.

·
Registered
7,511 Posts
Yeah. It started with my Great Grandmother when I was maybe 5yrs old. I still have a couple that I worked on with her, and some with my Grandmother. Me and MizBiz both make quilts. Here’s a couple recent ones.

View attachment 131471 View attachment 131472
That's great! I can't stand using thread that small. Mostly I can't handle feeding it through the sewing machine. I hand stitch leather and occasionally heavier cloths.

Do you sell the quilts online? Custom orders?

Reactions: MACPLUMB777

·
I Married Up
16,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 · (Edited)
[QUOTE="skoronesa, post: 1276583, member: 42394"…Do you sell the quilts online? Custom orders?[/QUOTE]

We haven’t sold any that we pieced. They are usually gifts for family, friends, or charity. I do charge to machine quilt someone else‘s though. It can range from $100 for a small wall hanging to several hundred for larger quilts. A lot depends on the design or style involved. I don’t enjoy quilting for hire that much. I’ve done far more for free than I ever will for money.

It’s far more of a peaceful decompression than anything related to business. We’ve toyed with the idea of growing it into something more. MizBiz and I both know exactly what that means, and more importantly exactly how deep in the business rabbit hole we would be driven to go. Many people do it quite successfully but it’s not really what we want for our quilting.

Here’s one from a while ago I made from scraps. Just under 3,000 individual pieces sewn together.

Attachments

·
I Married Up
16,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Hey Buddy, glad you're back. Just when we thought we where out, it pulls us back in. Just like Hotel California, you can never leave.
Hey Will! Stop in for some BizBrew next time your this far south!

Facial expression Vertebrate Water Cartoon Drinkware

21 - 34 of 34 Posts