Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
I Like Tater Tots
Plumber since 1979. 42 years and still rollin'
1,229 Posts
A previous customer called both him and his wife stuttering talking at incredible speed, I guess they feed each other on stress. Anyway they wanted to replace a leaking water heater and wanted the same fancy thing, however they are rare and only 4 in the next city. He didn't want to pay for me to go and get it. He said it wasn't right for me to charge for travel. I'm glad he didn't accept the price, 2 less wing nuts to worry about.
I don’t get it? People don’t expect a mechanic to drive the their house for free to fix their car but most think the plumber should.

·
Super Moderator
9,662 Posts
I don’t get it? People don’t expect a mechanic to drive the their house for free to fix their car but most think the plumber should.
I live in crazy town. In the beginning I took on every job that came along now I turn away more than I take on even if I have nothing else.

A few days ago I went to check out a job for a previous customer and gave the old woman an estimate and she accepted it. Yesterday I went to there to do the job and she cried out about the price before I even started! I'm so sick and tired of their FN nonsense. I told her do you want cancel now's your chance. I repeated it 3 times to make sure.

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
I live in crazy town. In the beginning I took on every job that came along now I turn away more than I take on even if I have nothing else.

A few days ago I went to check out a job for a previous customer and gave the old woman an estimate and she accepted it. Yesterday I went to there to do the job and she cried out about the price before I even started! I'm so sick and tired of their FN nonsense. I told her do you want cancel now's your chance. I repeated it 3 times to make sure.
If she cancels hit her with a service call at least

·
philosopher and statesmen
8,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I get people calling me to replace their rheem water heater they bought at HD. They have these amazing stories it's under warrantee and rheem tells them to get a plumber and he'll do all the work. I wonder if they tell them it's free. They get a rude awakening when I tell them they are paying for all my time to bring it back and install another. Which by the way will cost them more than if I installed one of my own. Seems like they all think everything is absolutely free. I never did one.
It really pisses off people when they get hung out to dry by HD and Lowes...
Originally They has some drunk or brother-in-law install the heater 5 yeas ago for pizza and beer but now
they are totally stunned that you are charging them the going rate to spend your day fooling
with the process.

·
8,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·

you got to use sign language Tango.....

Jaw Organism Gesture Happy Font

·
Super Moderator
9,662 Posts
you got to use sign language Tango.....

View attachment 132980
Haha, guess what I did the job and she called me 3 days later asking if I did free estimates! Why what?? She said the toilet upstairs was making noise and wanted me to give a free estimate? What do you mean an estimate, it's the same rate as 3 days ago.

I think she was trying me to go out there to fix it for free. WTF

Anyway she said never mind.

Idiot.

I got another biatch last Friday, gave her the rate on the phone, she signed the contract. Then later on she asked if she paid cash she could skip the taxes. I said no there's taxes. Another idiot you signed the damn contract! I handed her the bill and she became very upset she had prepared cash for only 1 hour without taxes. No that's not how it works, I was here an hour and a half plus taxes. She then mouthed off how much the others charged, she's her own boss as an interior designer and doesn't charge as much bla bla bla.

I'm thinking yeah yeah syou work an 1.5 hours and you charge your customers 1 hour no tax?

That's why you FN sign before I start and lock it in the truck because if you try to play tricks I have written proof and even if I have to lose money in lost revenue to go court I'm make your life miserable.

Mark my hat's off to you dealing with this nonsense for 30-40 years!

·
8,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Haha, guess what I did the job and she called me 3 days later asking if I did free estimates! Why what?? She said the toilet upstairs was making noise and wanted me to give a free estimate? What do you mean an estimate, it's the same rate as 3 days ago.

I think she was trying me to go out there to fix it for free. WTF

Anyway she said never mind.

Idiot.

I got another biatch last Friday, gave her the rate on the phone, she signed the contract. Then later on she asked if she paid cash she could skip the taxes. I said no there's taxes. Another idiot you signed the damn contract! I handed her the bill and she became very upset she had prepared cash for only 1 hour without taxes. No that's not how it works, I was here an hour and a half plus taxes. She then mouthed off how much the others charged, she's her own boss as an interior designer and doesn't charge as much bla bla bla.

I'm thinking yeah yeah syou work an 1.5 hours and you charge your customers 1 hour no tax?

That's why you FN sign before I start and lock it in the truck because if you try to play tricks I have written proof and even if I have to lose money in lost revenue to go court I'm make your life miserable.

Mark my hat's off to you dealing with this nonsense for 30-40 years!

I think you need to go to a buddist monk or a priest and get yourself exorcised or something...
Maybe buy yourself some sage and smoke your house and truck with the smell to ward off
the evil spirits that are attracted to you and are constantly plaguing you.... 👿

Maybe buy yourself some healing stones off of e-bay and put them in your plumbing truck to attract a more
positive energy towards you..... I carry one on my key chain like a rabbits foot and have one hanging in my truck
it cant hurt.. of course I have a 9mm and a 380 also along for the ride too😆:ROFLMAO:
Mr 9mm really wards off the evil spirits...🤠

I have been doing this since 1975 and never , ever had even had a nasty customer anywhere near what you have dealt with
on a daily basis
I can recall only maybe a few nasty coc/suckers over the years that made me want to strangle them...
but they were far and few in between....

The worst times I ever had was with skummey building contractors which I have totally written off and are
completely out of my life for good.. When I dumped all of them everything fell into place...

I think you really need to get incense and some other lucky charms that ward off the evil spirits
that seem to be attracted to you... their are hundreds to choose from on e-bay and I dont think it would
hurt you one dam bit

·
Super Moderator
9,662 Posts
@Master Mark

Do hot wheels lucky charms do the trick??? I think I need to carry one in my pocket when I go into their house. Maybe I should incense the truck with weed?

I've always know I've had a black cloud following me but I now realize it's way worse than I thought. I thought all you guys had nutty customers like I do but it looks like I live in the twighlight zone.

Anyway your post was the funniest I've read in a while! Thanks for the mantra speech!

21 - 29 of 29 Posts