Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
www.DunbarPlumbing.com
5,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just did one from register.com to godaddy.com, it was pretty simplistic, just waiting for an authorization code to get the transfer 100%.

Cost was only $7.67.

I'll buy domains from godaddy but nothing else. Had a bad experience with their commissioned sales group on a server package that was utter crap.

Their loss, someone elses gain. Register.com used to be a good company but I was told even 9 years ago that there were cheaper ways to buy domains. At the time, I was satisfied with the service and support. Proving that people will pay more for services as long as the treatment is good and product is above par.

I have numerous other domains I'll move across to another company.

Anyone else done this before?

·
Lead what?
185 Posts
You transferred TO go daddy? They have one of the WORST websites for navigation and customer service.

·
philosopher and statesmen
7,622 Posts
domains at go daddy

Not sure what your level of technical know-how. I have had hassle free domain name registration/renewals with godaddy. I wouldn't use godaddy for hosting, only domains.
my domains are all with go daddy.... but their hosting and web sites completely suck.....

Its Better to forward the domain to a more legit web site to get seen by google....

Recently I told sewerratz about a hot domain in chicago that he picked up later... but he used go-daddy and their crappy flash web site....the domain name and site are buried on the 4 page of google..

spend a little bit more money and set up a legit web page or dont do it at all....:yes:

DUNBAR... I took the water heater u-tube video and put it on the front page of my web site
but I cannot for the life of me get it to load as a picture to hit and see... Its all just a link script
that you have to click on....
do you have any suggestions on how to light it up better??

·
Registered
111 Posts
1and1 sucks... bad service, liars and will not honor transfering your domain out. it's hellish.

been with godaddy now and will stay with go daddy for domain registrations. hosting I got myself a better provider.

·
www.DunbarPlumbing.com
5,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If you become an ICANN acredited registrar, you can pay next to nothing for domains.

I'm going to check into that, I'm at 138 right now.

You transferred TO go daddy? They have one of the WORST websites for navigation and customer service.

Only got 7 left at register.com, and the days of paying $30 for a damn domain are long gone. I was dumb in 2002 but I was content with their service. I didn't mind paying $30.

Not sure what your level of technical know-how. I have had hassle free domain name registration/renewals with godaddy. I wouldn't use godaddy for hosting, only domains.

There are some scam artists that try to get you to buy product you don't need. I stick to domains only.

my domains are all with go daddy.... but their hosting and web sites completely suck.....

Its Better to forward the domain to a more legit web site to get seen by google....

Recently I told sewerratz about a hot domain in chicago that he picked up later... but he used go-daddy and their crappy flash web site....the domain name and site are buried on the 4 page of google..

spend a little bit more money and set up a legit web page or dont do it at all....:yes:

DUNBAR... I took the water heater u-tube video and put it on the front page of my web site
but I cannot for the life of me get it to load as a picture to hit and see... Its all just a link script
Give me a few days and I'll figure out how you can get a full embed on there, and you can even get it to do autoplay with the right code.

Your site has a lot of flash embeds so I don't understand why it isn't working.

·
Illinois Licensed Plumber
4,253 Posts

I just used their flash site for the fun of it to see what it was all about. I been a bit busy with other issues around here but I did start building my own site, and will have it up soon for them. Thanks again for the heads up.

·
7,622 Posts
SEWER RATZ check out my new web site

Sewer Ratz..

I just bought this domain name from someone on go-daddy
they were auctioning it off and I could not pass it up...

the domain I bought was plumberindianapolis.com

the guy was trying to lease the name and a web site to
anyone in town for 199 a month.... after about a year,
their was no interest at that price...
So I bid on the name and ended up holding the bag....:laughing:

I just cooked up this web site at sitecube for 15 bucks a
year and it is all up and running now.... I even got coo music too
I hope you like jazz....

go google ......plumber indianapolis ...and look for that listing about
one or two under the map area...

click on my site and tell me what you think .. I have our general information
and directions to the .......mother ship..... also I set up a page for people to
call me when they need info on good people for any kind of contracting in town..

a few weeks ago I referred you to someone in Chicago, they found me cause
to the sump pumps and flooded basements, I dont know if they ever call you or not.

Sewer Ratz, when you get yours up and runing
you will be on the front page of google pretty quickly.. .

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
I just cooked up this web site at sitecube for 15 bucks a
year and it is all up and running now.... I even got coo music too
I hope you like jazz....

I've never heard of sitecube but I just checked them out. The cheapest I saw was $6 per month though. Where do you get $15 per year?

Paul

·
every tool is a hammer
4,304 Posts

I thought you were Weilhammer Plumbing? I googled and didn't get that.

·
7,622 Posts
its pretty cheap

I've never heard of sitecube but I just checked them out. The cheapest I saw was $6 per month though. Where do you get $15 per year?

Paul

you pay for the standard package of 9.99 per month.
that gives you a 50 picture gallery and a ton of pages if you ever
want to set them up

did you check out the picture gallery??

I think for another 5 bucks a month you can have a smokeing hot chick come
on the screen and say hey to your customers ......sweet

then every extra domain name and web site you build and add
to the account cost only 15 bucks a year.. (dirt cheap)

so 120 and a 30 dollar set up fee takes care of it all
and every extra site cost 15.....

I am under 200 bucks a year for all of mine

so was the site and my music tolerable??.

·
Certified Lunatic
20,658 Posts
so was the site and my music tolerable??.
Google Search For Plumber Indianapolis Which Is An Exact Match Of THe Domain Name
Considering it is in the Page 7 #3 spot what good is it?:cry:

When did this thing go up?:whistling2:
Looks like it needs some juice!:yes:

On top of all that you ask them to type in the domain Name of your main site and you can't even link it.... :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Man....
You have to ditch that Anywon Kin Biuldawebsite stuff and get out of flash mode....
Either learn how to do it or hire a pro....

·
7,622 Posts
Google Search For Plumber Indianapolis Which Is An Exact Match Of THe Domain Name
Considering it is in the Page 7 #3 spot what good is it?:cry:

When did this thing go up?:whistling2:
Looks like it needs some juice!:yes:

On top of all that you ask them to type in the domain Name of your main site and you can't even link it.... :laughing::laughing::laughing:

geeeze....what put the sand in your shorts tonight??

here in this town its on page 1 #2 under
the list... I dont know how it comes up in your area

I will need to look into seeing
how to link it. to my main site with just a click..

I suppose that should not be too hard to do....

so you dont care for jazz....

is country music more your style like
the dueling banjos on deleverence??.:laughing:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts