Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
6,437 Posts
Could you use an end outlet kitchen sink drain with a baffle and swing the trap enough to connect or add a 22.5 to swing the trap. I'm assuing you've checked and a center outlet waste is too wide of spread c to c.........maybe you cut cut the flanged arms short and solder them into a tee....That tee still good??? they usually dont wear out but that one does look old!

·
Illinois Licensed Plumber
4,253 Posts
If you can change out the drain it self I think the Mustee twin drain fitting would work for you. Part number is 23.301 for the twin drain fitting and the strainers that go into the fitting is part # 27.303

Attachments

·
Illinois Licensed Plumber
4,253 Posts
No that won't work, the centers are different.
Thanks was not 100% sure. I sort of recall seeing an aftermarket double utility sink drain, but using a hi-line center waste is faster and probably cheaper.

·
Banned
6,437 Posts
That tee looks wider than a typical c.o. tee. Looks like the threads add lenght onto that particular tee. i think you can get a regular c.o tee to fit. I will go check for ya. I have one in the shop. I'll get you a minimum c to c measurment

·
Banned
6,437 Posts
This is from a suburban Chicago home. Built in the 1950's. It's a center outlet drain for a laundry tub. It's about 6 3/8" on center. Come on, Ron and KTS.
Ok i just checked and a watts center-outlet kitchen sink drain will barely work......it measures 6.5" and you can cheat that alittle to get your 6 3/8". I promise it will work.....just sat it down in the shop!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts